Railroad Forums 

• TLT Mp36PH-3C's on sale!

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1259035  by ApproachMedium

I too am also waiting for them to release some of the new stainless gallery cars in HO. It would compliment these very well and give me a reason to buy the Metra F40 also.
 #1261865  by mlrr

ApproachMedium wrote:I too am also waiting for them to release some of the new stainless gallery cars in HO. It would compliment these very well and give me a reason to buy the Metra F40 also.
Let's hope that KATO's production of the Modern Metra F40 is a good sign. Since they like doing "Sets" they could legitimately scale up the modern gallery cars that they did in "N" to compliment their modern METRA F40 and not worry about having to produce their own MP36 in HO.

When I wrote KATO and suggested this, they told me they had some things in the works, then a few months later they announced the METRA C&NW gallery cars (a scheme that they had not done in previous runs). I hope that wasn't all they were talking about (needless to say, I didn't buy those because 1)I already have the Walthers versions and 2)That's not modern enough).

When I spoke to KATO at the Springfield show in 2013, one of the Reps seemed to be open to my suggestion (supported by logical product marketing reasoning). In the same conversation he had hinted at their HO P42 which would have the modified nose with the rivets. He had asked me about what I thought about that in response to my comment about the METRA C&NW cars (i.e. I'm not going to buy something that has already been produced by another manufacturer and I already own). I told him that personally; THAT change would make me re-consider, and I did. I purchased two of the three P42 road numbers with DCC/Sound they produced last year.
 #1506693  by Backshophoss

TLT is now DEFUNK,the model could be found on E(vil)-Bay,but watch out for the"Speculators" that drive the price way over what the MSRP
was when new.
Good Luck Hunting for it!