Railroad Forums 

• Do You Get Made Fun Of?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#777111  by Amtrak7

Everyone's now shouting at me that trains are "junk", "garbage", "forbidden", "old-school", etc. They start advocating planes and cars. They shout at me lies that "Amtrak has been shut down by the president" to try and scare me away.

Nobody, with a few exceptions, understands that rail usage is currently rising and they don't even believe the statistics.
 #777819  by daylight4449

Amtrak7 wrote:Everyone's now shouting at me that trains are "junk", "garbage", "forbidden", "old-school", etc. They start advocating planes and cars. They shout at me lies that "Amtrak has been shut down by the president" to try and scare me away.

Nobody, with a few exceptions, understands that rail usage is currently rising and they don't even believe the statistics.
oh holy crap! thats the same as my situation!
 #778747  by southern sec. kid

After a while it stopped for me it was never bad my friends would saythat jacks train wags were his playboy now people just accept it and really don't care. When people ask why I like trains I say every body has a weird hobby mine just happens to be liking trains but even if someone makes fun of me for it I don't let it get to me
 #784162  by Otto Vondrak

Amtrak7 wrote:Everyone's now shouting at me that trains are "junk", "garbage", "forbidden", "old-school", etc. They start advocating planes and cars. They shout at me lies that "Amtrak has been shut down by the president" to try and scare me away.
daylight4449 wrote: oh holy crap! thats the same as my situation!
1) You are probably very sensitive. They are saying things to "push your buttons."

2) You probably need to tone it down and explore your other interests when you're hanging out with your non-railroad friends.

Stop making high school harder than it already is. Believe me, I was there.

-otto-
 #784488  by daylight4449

Otto Vondrak wrote:Stop making high school harder than it already is. Believe me, I was there.
trust me, i have toned it down quite a lot over the pas two years, but the sad part is that the high school i go to just plain sucks! the pricipal hates me, the Vice pricipal is a jerk, and i hafe two dozen people who want to rip out my lungs, so real fun.
 #784931  by daylight4449

ns3010 wrote:If it's that bad, have you ever thought of transferring?
absolutely, but i missed the baypath aplication the past 2 years, and i can't think of any school that is a choice school within the worcester county area
 #785083  by graftonterminalrr

Welcome to high school - it's a fact of life.

All I can offer is that it's best to just suck it up, and accept that there will always be people who don't like you. But that's their problem.

I wish I was 18 again. Oh, the things I'd do different.
 #786400  by Otto Vondrak

daylight4449 wrote:
Otto Vondrak wrote:Stop making high school harder than it already is. Believe me, I was there.
trust me, i have toned it down quite a lot over the pas two years, but the sad part is that the high school i go to just plain sucks! the pricipal hates me, the Vice pricipal is a jerk, and i hafe two dozen people who want to rip out my lungs, so real fun.
Try out for sports. Not kidding. Track team, baseball, football, something. Hanging out with the team is a good way to make people forget they want to rip your guts out. Because I helped the football team train in the off-season, I was able to make a few friends and people stopped trying to beat my brains out every day.

Trains will always be there for you to enjoy them.

-otto-
 #792612  by ErieLimited2914

Otto Vondrak wrote:
daylight4449 wrote:
Try out for sports. Not kidding. Track team, baseball, football, something. Hanging out with the team is a good way to make people forget they want to rip your guts out. Because I helped the football team train in the off-season, I was able to make a few friends and people stopped trying to beat my brains out every day.

Trains will always be there for you to enjoy them.

-otto-
I'm on the baseball team, but unfortunately my town is the kind of town where there is nothing to do other than drink on weekends so while the rest of the team is out drinking, I'm out chasing the SU-99 or photographing CSX freights. I'm lucky, one of my teachers is an HO scale modeler and the superintendent is an O gauge modeler and I am real good friends with both of them.
 #792621  by 3rdrail

Hey guys- High school is a low point in everyone's lives. Lot of pressure, you are part kiddo/part adult and treated as such, and bullies still rule. What you'll find though is that that changes really fast when you get to college. You're expected to be an adult then and generally speaking, the bullies don't make it that far. Keep your interests intact because they are you and as long as you remain true to yourself, you'll rise above the baloney very quickly. Then, you'll look back in pity at those who bothered you then and are now toiling in McJobs. Put succinctly, "screw 'em all !" :P
 #792864  by ns3010

ErieLimited2914 wrote:unfortunately my town is the kind of town where there is nothing to do...
I'm lucky, one of my teachers is an HO scale modeler and the superintendent is an O gauge modeler and I am real good friends with both of them.
My town is exactly the same way, and it sucks. You have to go somewhere else for everything
But I don't go to my town's HS, so all my friends are from other towns, so we just hang there, since there's nothing here...

And dang, you are lucky! The only modeler I know around here is one of my dad's friends, but he doesn't have a layout, just a collection.
 #821841  by frikentrainnerd

I can relate to everyone hear. My sister makes fun of me all the time but i just brush it of my back. As far as the hole "uh video games" i totally see that. One day at school my science made us play a game where she chooses 2 things and we have to decide which we liked best. Well the options where sports and exercising or siting on the couch playing video games.(or in front of WOW) Now at this point i made my decision to be on the sports and exercise side of the room while most of my class where the fat kids on video games. The thing is i think i stay in such good shape is that the tracks are within biking distance from where i live.