Railroad Forums 

• Weirdest Finds/Meets?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#611123  by iceman977th

So at a young age, finding some crazy things has always been exciting. Yesterday (Sunday) when I was on my way to work, we came upon a pair of non-widecabs (couldn't tell if they were Dash 8's or 9's, or possibly U-boats) pulling a manifest across the NS bridge in Kenova, WV. I rarely ever catch anything there, and if anything, it's a slow mover coming out of the branch line from somewhere within central WV. Then when I was on my way home, we caught a pair of CSX coal trains, one loaded, one not loaded, meeting on the Kanawha sub on the WV side of the bridge, then by my surprise, a NS train comes rumbling over with not two, not three, but four loco's on the head, including a former UP GE unit. I thought all of UP's units would have been painted over by now. Shame I never have my camera with a good meet or catch :(

So what about you guys? I'm done rambling. Lol
 #615558  by trainutjob

July 8 2008-I Was at Woodbourne Station PA and i heard on the Scanner that CSX Q438(Passed through ten minutes earlier) went into emergency,so one SEPTA that just came through stopped at the signal,and the SEPTA Stuck behind Q438 Reversed back down to us,and Then CSX Q190 came West and up the Wood conecting track(Conects the CSX Trenton Line to The NS Morrisville Line),It also had several new(at the time)"how tommorow moves"containers on it.(Video of this is on my Youtube page)
 #677059  by daylight4449

1: getting to go in the cab of MBTA F40PHM-2C number 1026 before heading back to boston on the P553 on this past memorial day
2: findig a kitbash of an ALCO C363F, a model which was never built
3: well, i haven't got there yet.