Railroad Forums 

• Other interests besides trains

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#254045  by Love Train

I'm sure that everybody here has at least a few interests besides trains. What are they?

I love trains very much. But I also love:

Sports
TV shows
Music (good music like classic rock, hardcore rock, hip hop, rap, etc.)
Movies
Girls
Celebrities
Philosophy

#254103  by Engineer James

Plastic Airplanes, such as revell-Monogram kits. ESPECIALLY thier new DC 3..... :-D

Rockets also.

#254172  by QR National

Women.
Sport (Australian Rules Football, golf, rugby union)
Commercial aviation
Did I mention women?

#254180  by Bucyrus6150

Mountain Biking, Collecting insulators and old bottles, Aviation, WW2, History...

#254477  by The RailMan

Cars!
Oddly enough I deal exclusively with cars that have a known airplane heritage- Saab and BMW
I currently have a classic 1983 BMW 533i, 5-speed with the classic Bimmer 3.2 straight-6, 6500 RPM redline, tons of torque out if it!

Sadly my 1991 Saab 900 Turbo has a major engine issue, so it has to go, and I dont have an engine nor the space to do a swap, so today I just looked at and tomorrow I'm picking up a
1990 Saab 9000S, 2.3L non-turbo, again a 5-speed. If I cant sell the 900 Turbo as is, I may mothball it for a bit, then take the turbo and turbo out the 9k.
Past cars have included:
1987 Saab 900S
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme coupe, Chevy 350 4 barrel V8, trust me that thing moved!
1985 Volvo 740 GLE
All my cars have exceptionally high mileage, My 900 Turbo had over 180k based on a rough estimate, over 155k on my BMW, and over 177k on my Volvo
I'm also into some motorsports, but I love Italian cars, like Ferrari, Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Lancia.

#254760  by stevo

i like cars too, and small engines.
i'm good with electronics, but it's not one of my big interests
i like dances :P

#254822  by gprimr1

Women
Computers
Photography
Partys
Bars and Bar hopping

#255378  by U-Haul

I love buses, but mostly school buses. Also the 1991-1996 Chevrolet Caprice, Checker Cabs, and real Saabs (1989 and earlier). The ones with none of this GM BS.

#255459  by stevo

i don't really like school busses. but then, i ride them every day.

#255502  by The RailMan

U-Haul wrote:I love buses, but mostly school buses. Also the 1991-1996 Chevrolet Caprice, Checker Cabs, and real Saabs (1989 and earlier). The ones with none of this GM BS.
Awesome, gotta love those LT1 motors!

I almost had an early 70s Sonett on ebay, but the bid went too high out of my range...I keep an eye out every once in a while for an SPG or classic 'vert. The 9000 I have just doesnt feel...well.Saabish (What can you expect out of a car that is pretty much a sibling of a Lancia, FIAT and Alfa Romeo?)

#255988  by ApproachMedium

i USED to like school buses, Then i started riding a Diesel suburban to school. Now i own a 1990 suburban and I just refuse to part with it. My mother says its because im obessed with trains and this is like having my own personal luxury passenger car. Old style luxury, with the velour and everything.

#256011  by NYSW13000

Girls
Music (Rap/Hip Hop/Greenday/Nickelback)
Trains
Sports
Internet!
Oh yah...and Girls!

#256016  by NYSW13000

The RailMan wrote:
U-Haul wrote:I love buses, but mostly school buses. Also the 1991-1996 Chevrolet Caprice, Checker Cabs, and real Saabs (1989 and earlier). The ones with none of this GM BS.
Awesome, gotta love those LT1 motors!

I almost had an early 70s Sonett on ebay, but the bid went too high out of my range...I keep an eye out every once in a while for an SPG or classic 'vert. The 9000 I have just doesnt feel...well.Saabish (What can you expect out of a car that is pretty much a sibling of a Lancia, FIAT and Alfa Romeo?)

Am I weird if that entire post confussed me?

#256606  by stevo

no, it confused me too.

#256717  by U-Haul

GMC got 10% interest in Saab in 1990 and has FUBARed it ever since.