Railroad Forums 

• How often do you railfan?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#357950  by 35dtmrs92

So far, I have only read about trains avidly and scanned pictures on the Internet, but one of my friends has expressed interest in accompanying me to railfan. Maybe this spring I will ride down to the NJT yard in Long Branch.

#365388  by alex45

CoastStarlight99 wrote:i do not trespass, i only railfan at amtrak stations preferrably smaller ones to stay away from Amtrak police. Its tough being a railfan these days!!
Ill agree with that! In Providence, there is 2-3 amtrak police officers on duty!! I have managed to become friends with one of them. But the others dont want me around! So i have to do a lot of sneak shots in order to get around them. SO ANNOYING!!

#365506  by stevo

it's terrible right after something bad happened too. the day after the london bombings was also the first time i had ever seen MTA police at the mineola station on the LIRR. my grandmother and i went to watch trains and they wanted to know what we were doing there

#377245  by alex45

It seems that the people are getting less strict about it now. On Sunday, I went to the station and there were 2 Amtrak Policemen, and they didnt even care.

#377304  by stevo

well there haven't been any terrorist attacks lately.