Railroad Forums 

• Good way to express my love of trains?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#150179  by The RailMan

Hey all
Since I'll be getting a new vehicle more suitable for railfanning (long story short, Ford F150 pickup, just seems like a vehicle a railfan would drive) I'm thinking about having custom plates with some sort of railroad or equipment designation put on a set of custom license plates. I've seen "FL9" on some plates on cars and trucks in the Croton Harmon yard at the train show. Being I'm primarily a Metro-North fan, anyone got any suggestions for plate combinations? I'm open to all suggestions, MN related or not. The limit is 8 Characters combined between A-Z and 0-9.
Thanks everyone!

#150534  by TerryC

How about this. ITHASA567. So you can read it IT HAS A 567.

keep searching keep finding
1929th member to join forum

#151275  by CoastStarlight99

Good idea, also get a cool license plate frame...I have one that says MY OTHER CAR IS THE COAST STARLIGHT ...if only I was old enough to drive a car..

#151466  by AznSumtinSumtin

I got a quite a few suggestions. Try a specific train model like F59PHI or SD70AC. You can try using 1337 on your plate. For example 4M7R4K(AMTRAK).

#151541  by The RailMan

CoastStarlight, I got that aspect covered :-)

I picked that up at the Metro-North Croton-Harmon Yard open house. I think I'm going to go along the lines with an FL-9 plate. Its great because the only people who would recognize it would be people who know what an FL-9 is. I tried some combinations as MNRR P32 and NYNH H (New York, New Haven & Hartforde) and they were taken. I'll think of one soon...

#151739  by stevo

i've seen one of those....i've also seen one that said i brake for trains.........and you know those little propellors people have on the back of theire pickup sometimes? one time i saw a mini coupler

#151797  by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

Since your thinking about FL-9's how about NH 20** whichever FL-9 is your favorite. Or try something like MNCR 750 their gp 9

#154983  by G-Unit Soldier

I have a L-Plate Frame that says "My Other Car Is The Coast Starlight" we had it for like 4 Years, also We got one that says "My Other Car Is a Pullman"

#155638  by CoastStarlight99

The RailMan wrote:CoastStarlight, I got that aspect covered :-)

I picked that up at the Metro-North Croton-Harmon Yard open house. I think I'm going to go along the lines with an FL-9 plate. Its great because the only people who would recognize it would be people who know what an FL-9 is. I tried some combinations as MNRR P32 and NYNH H (New York, New Haven & Hartforde) and they were taken. I'll think of one soon...
That ones sweet too!

By away the "I'd rather be riding a train" slogan is available as a bumper sticker when you join NARP (National Association of Railroad Passengers). Its only $16 to join and its worth every penny!

#161150  by sullivan1985

Doesn't matter what you drive, as long as you can get there. I take my 98 Plymouth Neon all over the place, Into the NJ Meadowlands, industrial ruins, anything to get near what I'm looking for (railroad related or not)