Railroad Forums 

• Are you guys into politics?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

What political party do you most identify with?

Strong Democrat
50%
Lean Democrat
No votes
0%
Lean Republican
50%
Strong Republican (because who needs Amtrak, anyway)
No votes
0%
I don't know the difference between the two parties
No votes
0%
 #144152  by dudeursistershot

Just wondering. I'm a 16 year old railfan and I am, so I figured I'd make a poll... These days, rail is pretty much a political issue anyway, with the current administration trying to get rid of Amtrak and supporting BRT in place of rail... So, see the poll below...

#144164  by jogden

this can get complicated. on social issues i consides myself conservative....but in money issues, i am more in the middle. for example, i think everyone should get the money the get, and not be taxed more cuz they get more. but then there are things like amtrak...i use it very frequently, and i can see that the governement wants to save some money for the citizens (or thats the theory), but i cant justify killing Amtrak, because it really wouldnt save much money. the money spent on amtrak is barely a drop in the bucket when compared to the money the government has, and even compared to some things, like the war in iraq, it is pennies. i think if the government really wants to save money, they ought to find something else to cut....something that costs A LOT more.

#144174  by dudeursistershot

Well, I'm definately a strong Democrat... On social issues, I'm as liberal as they come, I'm pro-choice, pro-marriage equality, anti-PATRIOT Act, I'm even pro-marijuana legalization.

On foreign policy, I'm a pragmatic liberal, I'm not a hippie who thinks we should never go to war (there are very few people who actually think that anyway), I just think that if we go to war it should be for a reason. There is no reason for us to be in Iraq, at all, IMO.

On economic issues, I'm a bit more moderate, I realize that organized labor goes way too far sometimes (like with the MBTA) but still think places like Wal-Mart ought to be unionized. I believe in free markets and free trade, but I certainly see the merits of some degree of regulation, especially environmental regulation. And I think that trickle down economics is just plain ridiculous.

Also, I'm a smart growth and public transit advocate, and I think big box stores, highways and sprawl are destroying this country.

I think the religious right is one of the biggest threats to America right now, and I'm an atheist personally. On balance I am a strong Democrat, without question.

#144223  by TAMR213

I'm a Libertarian.

Closed.