Railroad Forums 

• Cameras

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#144343  by Amtrak31

I use a Kodak DX6490. It has 4.0 MP and has 10x zoom.

#146054  by TerryC

I use a digital Canon Power Shot A20 that has a its zoom in partically broken.

keep searching keep finding
1929th member on this forum

#161157  by sullivan1985

Bucyrus6150 wrote:
I'll never go digital
I doubt I ever will either, I cant really see much use for digital unless you have the sole purpose of putting them on a website or something.
Personally, I am a multi-format photography. I shoot 35mm on a Minolta Maxxum XTSI SLR and I used to shoot digital on a FujiFilm FinePix S7000 12MP till I sold it to help me afford the new Konica-Minolta Maxxum 7D 6.1MP DSLR.

I also have a Konica Minolta DiMage Dual Scan to scan my negatives digitally up to around 14MP.

Try both sides of the fence before making an assumption that you will never go digital. It's really interesting to see how similar and different they both are and work.

#161241  by mc367

sullivan1985 wrote:Try both sides of the fence before making an assumption that you will never go digital. It's really interesting to see how similar and different they both are and work.
I've got to agree with sullivan1985 on this on, I've been shooting slide film for a as long as I've been out there, since the weeds where taller then me. I hope to continue shooting slide for years to come, it's a format I know and know well. But digital is coming so far now that it can't be brushed off. Eventually I would like to maybe bring a digital camera in to my photography and try to adapt it in, it's something that will take some time to learn but it'll be worth it. I said the same thing, "I'll never go digital", but the results are right in front of me. For now I'll keep shooting film.

Now, back on topic, I use a Minolta X370, a Canon Rebel 2000 and I'm curently about to start using a Minolta X700 which will replace the X370. Film, Kodacrome 64 and every once and a while some Black and White.

Another qestion for everyone, How much are you in to photography? Do you spend time trying to create amzing images or are you just capturing history?

-Justin

#161382  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Something digital... I dont know.

#161509  by sullivan1985

mc367 wrote:I've got to agree with sullivan1985 on this on, I've been shooting slide film for a as long as I've been out there, since the weeds where taller then me. I hope to continue shooting slide for years to come, it's a format I know and know well. But digital is coming so far now that it can't be brushed off. Eventually I would like to maybe bring a digital camera in to my photography and try to adapt it in, it's something that will take some time to learn but it'll be worth it. I said the same thing, "I'll never go digital", but the results are right in front of me. For now I'll keep shooting film.
When I get my next digital (Monica-Minolta Maxxum 7D, I am always going to have both of them on me at the same time. Because even as advanced as digital gets, film will still sometimes pick up the same image differently, and I find it amazing how it all works.

I guess You can call me a DigiFilm Photographer because I scan all my negatives to about 6MP along with a digital camera (that I'm still working to afford).

#294688  by jhdeasy

I recently gave my 1977 vintage Canon AE-1, with Canon 50 MM and 28 MM lenses, to a high school sophomore railfan at Alexandria, VA. I had not used this camera in about 10 years (as I have a Nikon N90S and D70S) and it was just gathering dust in a box. The guy I gave it to was using Kodak disposable cameras, so I think I moved his railroad photography up a few notches.

#295059  by trevor macpherson

I use a 5 mega pixel Kodak C530. I like it.

#295168  by Rail Liner

I tend to like the Kodak dispose because of the fast response shot. However I do sometimes use are sharp dig. and more so our sharp video cammera.

#295718  by Guilford Guy

digital

#296421  by sullivan1985

Rail Liner wrote:I tend to like the Kodak dispose because of the fast response shot. However I do sometimes use are sharp dig. and more so our sharp video cammera.
The quick responce might be nice, but you have no control over the final outcome of your image. No f/Stop, no shutter time, no depth of field, etc.

#296633  by trainfreak

I use the Sony DSC H1. 5.1 MP 12x optical zoom with 2x digital...its a nice camera ive had it for almost a year and a half now.

#447167  by chuckmitchell

Video: JVC GR-D350u
Digital: Olympus 7.1 MP SP510UZ