Railroad Forums 

• Do you ever ride trains?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#130683  by Mike Walsh

Steam

The railroad in the photo is a 12" Gauge Railway in Glencoe, MO. Just about 30-45 minutes west-southwest of the Arch in St. Louis, MO.

The website is www.wfprr.com and we're open on sundays form the beginning of May to the end of october. $3 per ticket for a round trip.

E-mail me at (mikewalsh AT mad DOT scientist DOT com) for more information if you'd like.

Mike

#131276  by MetraRy

pretty awsome. i always wanted to join a miniture railroad like that

#140663  by Njt4300

I've Been on

NJT
Amtrak
Septa
Metro North
Patco
Path

#142602  by da conductor2004

Here is some Canadian Content!
1 South Simcoe RR, Ontario
2 Hull Wakefied Tourist, Quebec
3 Port Stanley Tourist, Ontario
4 VIA Aldershor to subdury, Ontario
5 VIA Grimsby to Toronto, Ontario
6 About 9-10 GO Train rides
7 Agawa Tourist train, Ontario
That's all. Hope to soon go to Quebec City, Vancouver and the Rocky Mountaineer in BC.

#144139  by dudeursistershot

I've ridden the red, orange, and green lines of the MBTA, I lived in Quincy, MA for about 7 years and took MBTA bus #236 to school for two of those years (no school buses for middle/high school kids in Quincy).

I live in Westwood, MA now, and take the Commuter Rail into town whenever I go. The Franklin Line from Islington or the Attleboro Line from Route 128.

#206497  by Christian S.

Being a big tourist railroad fan myself, I always make it a point to ride the trains as well as photograph them whenever I visit. I probably ride about 6 to 8 trains per year. It's alot of fun!

-Christian S.

#206509  by M&Eman

NJT
PATH
SEPTA
NYC Subway
LIRR
CMSL

#207462  by espee

California Zephyr
Pikes Peak Cog Ry
Nevada Northern Ry
Durango & Silverton
Cumbres & Toltec
and several other tourist railroads.

#207486  by Bay Head Local

LIRR
METRO-NORTH
NJ TRANSIT
NYC SUBWAY
PATH TRAIN
HBLR
 #219073  by dgraiani

I ride NJT almost daily. I take the Main/Bergen County Line from Suffern to Hoboken. Once at Hoboken, I take PATH to WTC... There's a radio station right across the street (at Trinity Centre) that I frequent. Both lines are great though because they go right through the meadowlands where most of the New York City AM stations' transmitter sites are. Main line, at the last grade crossing on the line, goes right by WOR radio's three, 689-foot towers. The Bergen line provides a great view of WOR's new site that they're building! Just the other day I saw a few guys on tower 2 putting up some of the last sections!
Last edited by dgraiani on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#227183  by jogden

i ride the train if theres a train that goes near where i am going! sometimes just for fun too.

during christmas break i took a 10,000 mile trip on amtrak. i am taking the "senic route" home in may so i can ride the cardinal. i have travelled the entire length of two amtrak transcontinentals, and travelled on both coasts. i have been on all but the talgo trains.

#231317  by gprimr1

Regional to NYC and Boston

Vermonter to Amherst MA

MARC between Baltimore and DC.

#334886  by nev12

Just about every weekend you'll find me somewhere on th MBTA system in Boston. I now know all the stops on the whole system by heart.

#337657  by ridintherails

Im 16, and trains have been my entire life, but i honestly hate riding them. I think its because im so used to acually being in the locomotive behind the control stand so much that i find it not exciting to just ride the train in a coach.