Railroad Forums 

• The Terminator Decoupling

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1451488  by CPSK

Hi;
I just watched a run of re-re-run episodes of The Big Bang Theory, and was just wondering whether "The Terminator Uncoupling" was filmed aboard a moving train, as it would appear to be.
I did notice the scenery changing, and not repeating, so that leads me to believe it could have been. Although, it probably would have been easier to put up large monitors in the studio and play the video than it would be to actually put a film crew aboard the train.
I have Googled this several times and come up with absolutely nothing - so I ask the people would know.

Thanks
CPSK
 #1451548  by Backshophoss

Most TV and Movie companies use a CA shortline known as the Fillmore and Western,they have an interchange at Bristol Ca
with UP(SCAX Metrolink owned track).
Known to have some former NY MTA owned passenger cars,doing both interior and exterior shots of moving passenger train.
Recently used for the Loctite ad spot seen nationaly.
 #1451584  by CPSK

Very interesting. I wonder if that would be included in the credits (which I rarely watch of course). If my curiosity keeps me going here, I'll have to go to my library and pick up the season 2 DVD again and watch it once more - more closely.