Railroad Forums 

• Gene Collora has published a book!

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1365073  by 452 Card

After years of trying to find the right plan, LIRR legend Gene Collora has published a book of high quality black-and-white photos he has taken through the years, including various Northeast railroads in addition to the Long Island. It is the first of at least two volumes. Willis Hobbies has the book for sale, and it can also be ordered direct from the publisher at garbelypublishing.com, or on Amazon.com. For those who don't know Gene, his 38 year stint at the LIRR covered many positions that gave him an inside look at the system he worked for and a way to capture images of the LIRR in its pre-MTA days when it was still pretty much the original infrastructure we like to model (If you are into that). I recommend this book as it is a direct view into the past of general railroading on several lines that today is long gone. Some of Gene's work is included in Steel Rails To The Sunrise. A note to our moderator : if this thread could be linked to others on RR.Net, It would be appreciated.
 #1365153  by RGlueck

I know both the author and publisher, and this is going to be authoritative, enjoyable, and well done in all respects.
Congratulations, Gene!
 #1365201  by 452 Card

There are stationary and moving shots of FB H16-44s, ALCO C420s, Budd RDCs, ALCO RS 1s and 3s, G5s and H10s engines in various locations, as well as excellent shots of other Northeast railroads, and some smattering of eastern Midwest stuff. An excellent book, to say the least.
 #1367556  by therudycometh

Hello all!

If you liked Volume 1, I'm happy to announce that Volume 2 is now available:

https://squareup.com/market/garbelypubl ... ew-england" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you like New Haven, Boston & Maine, the upper end of the New York Central, the Delaware & Hudson, and lots of other goodies, this is the book for you!
 #1368192  by therudycometh

We've also got a new promotional video out featuring Gene's two books:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpvtKbyplJ8
 #1369338  by rovetherr

Picked up both of these books, along with a few Rutland prints, from Mr. (and Mrs. it should be noted) Collora at the Springfield show. I'm very glad I did, lots of interesting photo's in the books, well worth the reasonable price! I will definantly pick up any future releases!