Railroad Forums 

• Railpace Magazine

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1328509  by Noel Weaver

I am wondering what is with Railpace these days? I have tried to reach them by phone and get a recording stating that the March, 2015 issue went out in February. I have not received my April, 2015 issue as yet , don't know why. I can't reach anybody there with a live voice.\
Noel Weaver
 #1329942  by Noel Weaver

Thanks to the Postal Service I received two magazines this week, one on Tuesday and the other on Friday.
Noel Weaver.
 #1330946  by charlie6017

Noel Weaver wrote:Thanks to the Postal Service I received two magazines this week, one on Tuesday and the other on Friday.
Noel Weaver.
I can believe that. Without getting too far off-topic, the USPS is a mess. Whenever I buy or sell railroad books on ebay, I
request priority mail because it lessens the chances of it being lost or mishandled. Otherwise, it's a crap-shoot!

Charlie
 #1331143  by JohnR19

I also didn't get my March issue,but after sending them an email,I received both of them within the same week.They told me once before it's the postal system they send them out 3 weeks before there due.
 #1332762  by Noel Weaver

Occasionally I mail out RR stuff to somebody and under the conditions today I always use UPS, the service is as good or better and I deprive the USPS of something that they actually find profitable. I also get the satisfaction that I ship UPS ground so it leaves Fort Lauderdale by train, FEC train 224 every night carries a lot of UPS shipments in containers.
Noel Weaver
 #1333705  by BR&P

So you're saying Railpace sends them out on time, USPS parks them somewhere, but after you email Railpace then USPS decides to deliver? Sorry, I'm not buying that. Sounds to me like the magazine itself dropped the ball somehow and is using the mailman as a CYA. Think about it - somehow two month's issues happen to show up at the same time, for multiple readers, but only after they contact Railpace and complain?