Railroad Forums 

• Researching a cartoon

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1328131  by ExCon90

Someone asked me whether I've ever seen a cartoon depicting two construction gangs laying track towards each other, and as they meet it is clear that each gang has been laying a different gauge (he wants to use it in a presentation about doing adequate research before starting a job). I saw one years ago in which the gangs were about to line up the left rail of one track with the right rail of the other, but that's not the one--just slewing the track would have fixed that. I don't recall ever seeing that particular cartoon, with different gauges; does anyone recall seeing it, and where, so that it can be tracked down and any copyright and permission issues resolved?
 #1328146  by Backshophoss

The "mis-alinement" cartoon has been used as a poster by a few firms for motivation purposes,
at times depending on perspective,1 of the tracks will look narrower then the other.
 #1333706  by BR&P

ExCon90 wrote: I saw one years ago in which the gangs were about to line up the left rail of one track with the right rail of the other,.......
Well, lining up the left rail coming from the east with the right rail coming from the west is how I would do it - anything else would not be of much use. :P
 #1358812  by wjstix

Well searching the web for "cartoon of railroad tracklaying crew" only came up with photos of girls laying on railroad tracks. What's up with that?