Railroad Forums 

• Woman dangles from RR Lift Bridge

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1336571  by scharnhorst

hopefully she got a fine for trespassing that's just costly enough to make her think twice about walking on railroad property again!
 #1336680  by ExCon90

I'm wondering how long it took before a lawyer filed suit alleging that the railroad "did carelessly and negligently raise the bridge without giving advance warning" ...
 #1336709  by scharnhorst

ExCon90 wrote:I'm wondering how long it took before a lawyer filed suit alleging that the railroad "did carelessly and negligently raise the bridge without giving advance warning" ...
the case would not have gone far the Feds would have put a stop that from going anywhere.
 #1338773  by moontrains

Rest assured someone will sue. since it happened more than once and is documented they will try and make a case. The only thing saving the RR is that it is in Florida not up in the North East IE NJ , Conn. Etc. Its a lot harder to sue in the Southern sates. Northeastern States allow suites for just about anything its always someones fault except the idiot who caused the issue. I remember reading this when it happened and thinking yep a law suite is coming.
 #1339015  by BR&P

Well, that was almost 2 years ago. I don't know how long you have to give notice of intent, but something should be happening by now. Or just maybe she is the one out of 100,000 people who can actually say "Yeah, my fault, I should not have been there."