Railroad Forums 

• Reading & Northern train schedule?

• The Reading Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad (reporting mark RBMN) (a.k.a. Reading and Northern Railroad) is a regional railroad operating in eastern Pennsylvania. Website: http://www.rbmnrr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Reading Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad (reporting mark RBMN) (a.k.a. Reading and Northern Railroad) is a regional railroad operating in eastern Pennsylvania. Website: http://www.rbmnrr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #855204  by jadebullet2

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew the schedule of when the R&N runs it's trains? I am just wondering as I will soon finally have a car again, and would like to do some rail fanning of the R&N, since it is close by.

Thanks guys.
 #856953  by cr9615

Anywhere in particular on the RBMN? There's a wide area (and amount of trains) to cover.
 #856978  by jadebullet2

Mainly from the Schuylkill County trains. (Ex RDG main to Pottsville. Ex RDG Little Schuylkill line to Tamaqua. Tamaqua into the coal region on the M&S and Catawissa branches, as well as the line from Haucks to Jim Thorpe.)
 #857467  by cr9615

jadebullet2 wrote:Mainly from the Schuylkill County trains. (Ex RDG main to Pottsville. Ex RDG Little Schuylkill line to Tamaqua. Tamaqua into the coal region on the M&S and Catawissa branches, as well as the line from Haucks to Jim Thorpe.)
PNSJ on duty in the early AM at Port Clinton (returns in the early PM to Tamaqua as SJQA)
QAMC on duty 5AM M-F Tamaqua-Mount Carmel (returns in the early PM as MCQA)
PNWC/PNMV/PNGS crew on duty 7AM M-F to serve industries on the Pottsville Branch (and other branches off of that)
PNRG on duty 7AM Saturday to NS/Reading
PNJT on duty 7AM Friday (Jim Thorpe Turn)
QAJE on duty 6AM Wednesday to head to the Jeddo breaker north of Hazelton. Returns as JEQA in the PM and runs to Panther Creek
QADE on duty 7AM Monday (Delano Turn)
QAJT on duty 7AM Tuesday (Jim Thorpe Turn)
 #1015172  by indie1361

Any idea when PNRG gets into Port Clinton en route to Reading? Also, could you give me any info on RBMN weekend timetables? I made an attempt to catch some action yesterday but only succeded in getting NS.

Thanks,
Matt Skros
indie1361
Northeast Railfan Productions
 #1018734  by cr9615

PNRG originates from Port Clinton. That and the Sunday Mountain Job & Reading Turn (which isn't a daylight run this time of year) are the only weekend trains now, though there's likely going to be some coal traffic in the mix on weekends in the coming months.
indie1361 wrote:Any idea when PNRG gets into Port Clinton en route to Reading? Also, could you give me any info on RBMN weekend timetables? I made an attempt to catch some action yesterday but only succeded in getting NS.

Thanks,
Matt Skros
indie1361
Northeast Railfan Productions
 #1034616  by indie1361

rwk wrote:When do the excursion schedules come out? I heard #425 is making a return this summer.
I was up in Port Clinton yesterday and the conductor of the train I was chasing told me she's now an 0-6-0, because her rear and front trucks are removed for repairs. They hope to have her out by this summer, and then she'll maybe be on the Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway, and pull the Fall Foliage trips. Any spring excursion they have will most likely be SD-50 powered.
 #1035735  by cr9615

And obviously that was in jest...
indie1361 wrote:
rwk wrote:When do the excursion schedules come out? I heard #425 is making a return this summer.
I was up in Port Clinton yesterday and the conductor of the train I was chasing told me she's now an 0-6-0, because her rear and front trucks are removed for repairs. They hope to have her out by this summer, and then she'll maybe be on the Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway, and pull the Fall Foliage trips. Any spring excursion they have will most likely be SD-50 powered.