Railroad Forums 

• R&N to Reading

• The Reading Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad (reporting mark RBMN) (a.k.a. Reading and Northern Railroad) is a regional railroad operating in eastern Pennsylvania. Website: http://www.rbmnrr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Reading Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad (reporting mark RBMN) (a.k.a. Reading and Northern Railroad) is a regional railroad operating in eastern Pennsylvania. Website: http://www.rbmnrr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #849385  by train2

R&N's operations on the line toward Reading are rising higher on my next to do list. What is the operating pattern, days of operation and times of the trains that run to Reading?

What are the originating locations and times for any such trains?

I was told one day the times are significantly different for this train. What day and what times does this happen?

In the overall scheme of things does the change of time, if it still exists, benefit a chase or hamper?

And final question do the road and track conditions allow someone to follow the train with ease?

T2
 #850366  by cr9615

train2 wrote:R&N's operations on the line toward Reading are rising higher on my next to do list. What is the operating pattern, days of operation and times of the trains that run to Reading?

What are the originating locations and times for any such trains?
QARG called at 1600 in Tamaqua Sunday-Thursday. PNRG called at Port Clinton on Saturday at 0700-0730ish.
I was told one day the times are significantly different for this train. What day and what times does this happen?
That would be Saturday morning.
In the overall scheme of things does the change of time, if it still exists, benefit a chase or hamper?
Doesn't make much of a different, but you'd have less territory to cover. As the days get shorter, Saturday will be the only day when they are in daylight though.
And final question do the road and track conditions allow someone to follow the train with ease?
T2[/quote]

Not always with ease, but it's possible.