Railroad Forums 

• Veteran but new to this

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1003362  by matawanaberdeen

Miz860 wrote:Yea i saw his post but that was about a yard in NJ also he was let go from NS for a undisclosed reason so who knows the truth. I am going to be working out of the king of prussia yard near Philadelphia, PA. Thx for the link though.
we can't talk specifics for various reasons but he was NOT let go, NOT let go. It was a case where the company wanted him to throw some employees under the bus or in this case the train and he refused to like a real man. He was basically being told to throw these long time employees under the bus. He had integrity and is now in a better RR. Lets get the story straight here.
 #1003554  by NJT TT9801

With the growing amount of negative comments about NS on several threads over the years I think I would rather follow the good counsel of members of this board who were NS employees, and is telling it like it is. It's a union job with a good paycheck, if your working, but everything seems to be adding up that NS is currently the worsest railroad to work for. Ok, maybe its not NS, but the people who runs NS. That's why I'm staying away from NS.
 #1003595  by Miz860

I am also getting a feeling that it depends on your home terminal as well. I was referred by a family friend who is a engineer in Philadelphia and he loves his job. I am no expert on RR at all i really dont know anything about them but at the current time NS is the only one hiring out of Philadelphia so I will be going to the recruiting session on the 11th i guess i can be a new informant for these forums lol. We will see.
 #1003667  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

good luck on your NS job,
hope you get it. If not Conrail might be your ticket. i prolly worked with your engineer friend
 #1003729  by gp80mac

NJT TT9801 wrote:With the growing amount of negative comments about NS on several threads over the years I think I would rather follow the good counsel of members of this board who were NS employees, and is telling it like it is. It's a union job with a good paycheck, if your working, but everything seems to be adding up that NS is currently the worsest railroad to work for. Ok, maybe its not NS, but the people who runs NS. That's why I'm staying away from NS.
Rule number 1 of the railroad: railroaders love to bitch.

Despite the tales you hear, there are still thousands making a career working on NS. It sure beats working for walmart for $7 an hour...
 #1003758  by Miz860

Thats what i mean exactly if ppl knew that more ppl complain about there job more then they make it sound great. I dont care anyway i was able to deal with uncle Sam and I'm sure i can deal with the rr. Hey RDGTRANS any info you can give me on king of prussia