Railroad Forums 

• LSA Interview!!

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#996227  by lola

Hi Everybody!!!I am having an interview next week for a LSA position. I am very excited but also worried to be interviewed by 2/3 people. Has any of you had a similar experience and would like to give me some advice about recent interviews with Amtrak. I would truly appreciate!!! Ciao
 #997788  by LES1117

I had an LSA interview. The first question that was asked was. What are the responsibilities of being a LSA attendant? They are going to ask you about a time when you would have handled a situation differently, they are going to ask you why do you feel you are qualified for the position? then at the end they will allow you to ask them questions. My best advice is remember what they said during orientation. Mention safety, abiding by FDA laws as you will be working with food, dress code is the most important thing as you will be in a way the face of amtrak, smiling is important, ability to deal with different types of people, and make sure you are willing to work any and all hours. Im sure you will do fine and i wish you the best of luck.
 #999083  by lola

Thank you LES1117!!! I got the job...........
 #1001400  by traindiva

Congratulations! I've been an LSA for eight years now. It's not the career I had in mind when I was younger, but college wasn't looking too appealing and the job came with benefits. Just remember, you've got to be a laid back person for this job. If you get too easily offended, or can't work more than 8 hours at a time, it's probably not for you.

I work out of Chicago in the cafe on trains 350 and 370. Cheers!
 #1001952  by LES1117

after recieving the rejection email from Amtrak for this position I realized that i would not have been happy with working as an LSA. Standing for more than 8 hours at a time working those long distance trains such as the Crescent and Lake shore Limited. At the time i took the test for Metro North Conductor position and im on the path to employment and much happier with this decision. Bottom line when you apply to a position make sure you fully understand the responsibilities of the job. You dont want to hire on and 2 months down regret the choice of accepting the offer of employment.