Railroad Forums 

• BNSF hiring process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#605925  by scoonie79

I graduated this past summer from the NARS conductor training program and was wondering if anyone knew what my chances were on getting hired. I know NARS isnt a guarantee that they will hire you but i was wondering if someone like me who doesnt really have past experience working outdoors or on call or really much with heavy equipment would still get hired. Ive worked at walgreens distribution center but most of my work background is in retail. I dont have any criminal convictions or anything on my driving record and i have past the writin test and know i can pass the medical and physical test but im just concerned that i might not have the work background there looking for to even get the contingent job offer. Any ideas?
 #606026  by scoonie79

I graduated from the NARS Conductor program this past summer. I know the hiring process for bnsf and am confident that i will be able to pass a background check, medical exam, physical test and the writin test and i have no criminal convictions or anything on my driving record. I was just wondering though if anyone knew how picky they are about your work background and skills and qualifications. I have a solid stable long term work background but most of it is in retail and i dont have much experience working outdoors or on-call or around heavy equipment too much. What does everyone with knowledge of this area think?
 #606045  by jz441

As long as you have clan background, you don't have anything to worry about. If you did pretty well at NARS, you have very high chances of getting hired.

Good luck!
 #634396  by tc2380

i have a bnsf interview coming up for a track labor position. just wondering what to expect for the interview part. what questions do they ask, how long is it.
 #638251  by tc2380

Lacrosse, wi. anybody ever got a email from bnsf like this.

BNSF has recently experienced changes in business levels
impacting the position that you have interviewed and tested for.
As a result, we are currenlty evalutating further our need for this
position. We will contact you once a decision has been made and
advise you of your status. We appreciate your patience as we work
out these details
Last edited by tc2380 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #688239  by ozmontana

does anyone have any idea about the interview process for this positions. There is a trades test? my interview is on the 7th in spokane Wa. please respond.
 #728945  by MikeJ

Had a quick phone interview with them today, I only applied five days ago. I should know in the next two weeks if I am selected to participate in a formal interview in Fort Worth. I'm excited. This is for the Mechanical Management Program by the way. I was suprised at how fast they responded. It appears that there are 15 openings, so I think I might have a decent shot. GO ME!!!
 #729280  by jz441

Good luck... :-D
Not a bad gig being mechanical foreman.