Conductor Interview

General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

ricojames

Conductor Interview

Post by ricojames » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:42 pm

I have been in the Navy for 9 years currently at the rank of E-7, but I'm looking to switch carreers. So far what I have read on the internet that being a conductor is a great job, but lots of time away from home, so how much time away from home are we talking? I'm used to being gone 6-9 months at a time but i was just wondering how it compares to the Navy. Also how does the pay work? Are you paid salary, hourly or by the number of runs you do. Right now I make around $55,000 a year but it took me 9 years to get there. What are some things I can expect at the interview? What exactly does the test contain? Kind of want to know what I'm getting into since I going all they way to Glasgow MT, from Chicago Il and may be ending my 9 year carreer in the Navy. I'm excited to see what this job can offer. Thanks for the help.

Rico

Greg Moore

Re: Conductor Interview

Post by Greg Moore » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:05 pm

Pick up a copy of this month's "Trains" Magazine to get a feel for what it takes to get hired.
Check out QuiCR, Quick, Crowdsourced Responses for businesses.

Komachi

Re: Conductor Interview

Post by Komachi » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:32 am

** Puff of smoke and Komachi appears... with his trusty Trebuchet. With an evil grin, he flings the post to the far reaches of the forum boards... to the EMPLOYMENT forum. **

** Afterward he turns his gaze to his father's '78 Chevrolet Caprice sitting in the "back forty." An evil grin spreads across his face. ** :-D

Return to “Employment”