Railroad Forums 

• MTA Metro-North Railroad Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1473458  by Bgunn17

Hello everyone. I was fortunate enough to have been invited to take the Conductor exam for MNR. I 100% know I nailed everything I needed to study for as far as terms and indications, however, I wasn’t able to finish the math portion in time. Will this disqualify me from consideration? Like I said, everything else I know I did really well on. Thanks for the input.
 #1475374  by matawanaberdeen

AdvancedApproach1991 wrote:Hi all,

Got a letter in the mail that I passed the TO exam I took last June, according to the letter, I will be on the eligible list and it will be posted in June or July
So a whole year, wow. Awesome anyway, good luck.
 #1476128  by DutchRailnut

a different outfit , a subway is not a railroad.
 #1479119  by csamperi

So i applied and went through the entire hiring process for the Tinsmith/Structures.I completed everything that was asked and filled out everything they needed.Interview,physical & drug test all done.Im basically at the waiting stage.Anyone know how long it takes after you have completed everything? I was told by a few current employees if you make it that far you are basically hired.Its been about 2 weeks since i last heard from the recruiter.Do i just wait this out or give it another week or 2 and then call my recruiter and see whats up? I was also told the recruiter will play dumb and say they will contact you soon.
 #1479218  by DutchRailnut

on railroad two weeks means nothing , patience my friend .
 #1494474  by brettj22

Is pre-hire sleep apnea screening a disqualifier (or is it something that if you get treated for after the screening you can still be hired)? Is it for all T&E positions or just engineer?
 #1598382  by NY0693

Can anyone answer my question. I’m in the process for a signal trainee position with MNR. I passed the med/physical test a couple weeks ago. I was told that the class will start in August. Is there any timeline as to when I should hear a response and a final offer? Should I reach out to my recruiter and ask for any updates or just wait it out? I just hate waiting and 2 months away is a long time to wait.

Thanks
Last edited by NY0693 on Thu May 26, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.