Railroad Forums 

• AMDG Railroad Training Courses

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#581897  by Christian65

I'm truly sorry for those who lost money on this deal. However, with all due respect, many of you, in your zeal for a position with CSX, positioned yourselves for a loss by agreeing to pay-for-training (PFT). In most other industries, employers pay employees for training. That's normal. You paying them for training so you can work for them is asinine and wrong. It's just another way for a company to make money.

In the early 90's, many regional airlines operated the same PFT business practice, with pilots lining up like lemmings, forking over much larger amounts than $4500 - some cases, in excess of $10,000! Think about that for a minute...someone is willing to pay their employer for a job! I don't need a job so badly that I'm willing to pay for my training that the company should be providing at no cost to me. What happens if you spend the $4500 for training only to fail out of training? Who's on the hook for that? YOU.

Anyway, good luck to those attempting to recover their money.
 #583769  by Mel23

Well, my husband too was a victim of this "so called" company. They still owe us $3000 and we have tried to contact them continously. My brother works for csx and he went through their company so of course we thought it was all legite. I think CSX should be helping us and all the others who were ripped off since all of these people applied to get on with CSX. And its a shame too cause now even though CSX has hired some after all this my husband still hasnt been able to get on with the railroad. I think they owe a job to all who got ripped off!
 #647078  by GN 599

Just because you pay to learn to be a railroader doesnt mean you are ''owed'' a job. That is what is wrong with this country is so many people think someone ''owes'' them something. I got my foot in the door with the railroad by swinging a spike maul. Something that a lot of people that go to choo choo U would know nothing about because they are owed a conductor job and being a grunt is below them. Where do you think the term ''being railroaded'' came from anyway?
 #647808  by CSXhopeful

Swingin' a hammer....They go to school for that too :wink:A conductor is a "grunt" or entry level position.

Ain't got nothing to do with payin' for a job,it's just how it was done then.

Folks that try ,are now winning their judgements against AMDG...No one even comes to represent them at the magistrate court.Of course,there is no one to collect the judgement from either...
 #647978  by doc

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything else from these crooks (AMDG) who stole our money. If not, has anyone come up with a class action lawsuit? If so, i would be more than happy to join.
 #648650  by CSXhopeful

GN 599 wrote:Actually a conductor is a promoted man. A brakeman is entry level trainman.
Whatever brother...this ain't a thread to define railroad terms...FWIW,and it won't be worth much to you...Switchmen and foreman are both filled from the extra board where I work regardless of title.You can be one,one day and another the next.We don't even use "brakemen" anymore.

Now back to the thread at hand... :-D
 #652886  by SimTrains

Christian65 wrote:I'm truly sorry for those who lost money on this deal. However, with all due respect, many of you, in your zeal for a position with CSX, positioned yourselves for a loss by agreeing to pay-for-training (PFT). In most other industries, employers pay employees for training. That's normal. You paying them for training so you can work for them is asinine and wrong. It's just another way for a company to make money.

In the early 90's, many regional airlines operated the same PFT business practice, with pilots lining up like lemmings, forking over much larger amounts than $4500 - some cases, in excess of $10,000! Think about that for a minute...someone is willing to pay their employer for a job! I don't need a job so badly that I'm willing to pay for my training that the company should be providing at no cost to me. What happens if you spend the $4500 for training only to fail out of training? Who's on the hook for that? YOU.

Anyway, good luck to those attempting to recover their money.
I don't think that that's a fair assumption to make. I'll admit, anyone who pays a company to train them is out of there mind, however nobody paid CSX a cent to train them. We are talking about a company who you pay to train you for a railroad job, no different then paying tuition to a college to prepare you for whatever field you are going into.

I have been reading these threads for a few weeks now, and every time I do I thank god that I got through this program, and was hired on by CSX with no problems like many of you are having. My thoughts are with you, and I really hope you are able to collect back what is owed to you!
 #664658  by Ironman

Yep, and in most areas the only way to hire out back then was to go through AMDG. I really don't understand why poeple knock the fact that we paid AMDG. At the time, it was the only way to get hired. What were we supposed to do? Personally, I saw it as more like a trade school. We got paid as soon as we were hired.

It did not really seem all that odd to me. I mean I know people that paid to learn how to drive a big-rig. Whats the difference? You gotta pay for most other good jobs too.
 #672404  by tajsix

WILL THERE BE ANY JUSTICE FOR THE VICTIMS OF AMDG'S ROBBERY ON THE INDIVIDUALS THEY STOLE MONEY FROM? ARE WE GOING TO GET ANY JUSTICE? IS IT JUST A LOSS WERE SUPPOSE TO TAKE AND TURN THE OTHER CHEEK? I WON'T REST UNTIL I'M DEAD OR I GET MY MONEY BACK. I WILL NEVER FORGET THE FACT THAT THEY STOLE MY HARD EARNED MONEY. I I WILL BE WATCHING THEM FOR AS LONG AS I'M ON THIS EARTH. ONE DAY SOMEBODYS GOING TO
 #681530  by Bcrow

Has anyone heard anything else out of Greg Morse or about getting any money back? It has been long enough and im tired of waiting, if anyone wants to go in together and try to resolve this problem let me know.
 #709302  by ebyed1972

My money was taken also and I signed a refund contract agreement that is binding in court. I would like to get the contact information for the CEO of AMDG that was posted on 3/08. This is the end of the post...

If any of you have a lawyer already,let me know.I have Greg Morse's( the owner and CEO of AMDG)personal cell#,Home office # and home address.

He has yet to respond to my friendly inquiries about getting this resolved without involving the courts.If he continues to ignore me,I will be glad to dispense the info I have to help whomever,however.....

I HAVE AN ATTORNEY AND WE WERE UNSUCCESSFUL WITH THE ADDRESS THAT WE SENT OUR LETTER TO. I AM GOING ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP WITH THIS. IF WE HAD TAKEN MONEY FROM THEM WE WOULD BE SUED AND IN JAIL..,. OR SHOULD I SAY UNDER THE JAIL.

PLEASE EMAIL ME THE CONTACT INFORMATION IF POSSIBLE. I AM DOING RESEARCH TO TRY AND GET THIS CONTACT INFORMATION ON THIS GUY.