Railroad Forums 

• AMDG Railroad Training Courses

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#719524  by Georgia Railroader

I didn't go to AMDG, but did go to Okkeefonkkee Tech(or ever how you spell it) some four plus years ago. I didn't get my money ripped off but I feel your pain. Take it as far as you can. CSX has screwed with too many people, and so has this school from what I have heard.
 #720284  by CSXhopeful

CSX Conductor wrote:Just curios, how do you feel you were "ripped off"? Did you pay them and attend the school?
We paid them,cash..And didn't attend the school..I hired on with CSX and went thru the REDI center later...

The problem is,AMDG lied about when CSX quit using them and refuse to pay off the money they owe folks that didn't attend..
 #720713  by JCitron

From what I understand in cases like this, this becomes a felonious case because they did business across state lines. They may have not held classes, but took money from people who came from various areas of the country. This is I thnk called mail fraud.

I've had dealings with other companies in the past that have done this. I seem to have the luck for this, and I was told to contact the Attorney General in my state. This put the suit out of the local jurisdiction and into the state government, and thus may move it on to the felonic level. Unfortunately it maybe too late to pass this along, by maybe not. Let's hope it's the latter situation.

I am not a lawyer, nor do I ever want to be one . :) I just want to pass on my past experience with cases similar to this.

John
 #801549  by Ace356c

I have contacted an attorney about a class action type lawsuit. If you are serriously interested in joining the lawsuit either e-mail me or PM me with your first name and someway to contact you whether it be e-mail, phone, postal adress, or whatever. The attorney needs to know how many people are actually viticms willing to be a part of the lawsuit. If you need information from me please PM me or e-mail me and I will give you all the information that I have.

[email protected]
 #890010  by CSXhopeful

New info. PM me. I have info on a lawyer that has had some success for others in getting money back.

I don't want to post the details on an open forum, but will give you the help I can through pm's...
 #893147  by sizemore

[quote="CSXhopeful"]New info. PM me. I have info on a lawyer that has had some success for others in getting money back.

I don't want to post the details on an open forum, but will give you the help I can through pm's..

CSXhopeful will u please contact me @ [email protected] i have some questions
 #978286  by jes1976

Ok I have been reading all of this for the last few days as my bf has a interview in two days and I am trying to collect information. We had heard that you had to go to Atlanta for training. I see this company obviously had some schooling for the railroad privately and it cost $4500.00 out of your personal pockets. Is this the place everyone said you had to go to a six week training at? Did everyone have to pay that money? Or is it just the conductors? Can someone give me a quick run down of this? He is going in for a position for a intermodel service employee. Does this pertain to him? On the posted position it does not say he would have to go out of town for six weeks as it does on some of the other ones he has been looking at.
 #978639  by railman616

This company is out of business. It lost the contract to train CSX conductor about 4 years ago when CSX open the REDI center for all company training. All new hires for CSX are paid by CSX while in training at the REDI center.
 #985082  by Adgarharrison

In August of 07 I borrowed 4,500 to pay for a training school with AMDG they told me if for some reason I didnt want to go to school there I could get a refund so in september when there still was no class and I had found a job I wanted my money back well they said 8 weeks from the day they get my paper work back i would have a refund never got it i called them everyday several times a day they either wouldnt answer the phone. i called and called no answer.I just want my money back what did they do with it as a buisness they should keep up with money better than that
 #1013976  by Gadfly

Over $4,500?? I'll tell you what. If they did me that way, I believe I'd do like the fellow on the Jerry Clower tapes from years ago. I'd show up at their door with a light weight McCollough chain saw and give 'em an ultimatum! :) :) j/k