Railroad Forums 

• going rate for dispatchers

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#504952  by hbgdispatcher

It depends on which office down south you are interested in. Some of the offices down south are represented by the dispatchers union (ATDA) and a few of the others are represented by a different union - possibly the clerks union. You will start at a training wage of $120 a day, which you will make during your training period - usually 3- 6 months. Once you work you first day on your own (the date your seniority begins) you will make 75% of a basic days pay. This will go up by 5% every year, it takes 5 years to get to 100% pay.

DS

#507724  by Lehighrrgreg

Hey HBG... are you a current DS with NS?

#507956  by hbgdispatcher

Hey HBG... are you a current DS with NS?
Yes, I am. And, every once in a very great while, there is a day that I don't get yelled at, so I guess I even occasionally know what I am doing!!!! :-D

#508186  by BigMike

On CSX I think they max out right at around 280.00 a day, 8 hr. day.

#508266  by jz441

BNSF $40/hr once finished with training.
 #508871  by Lehighrrgreg

HBG, Glad to hear Ive got a direct line with at least one of you guys now!! If you ever work the Tier or Lehigh....make sure you give me a good run!!

#509307  by hbgdispatcher

jz441 wrote:BNSF $40/hr once finished with training.
That seems a bit high, works out to $320 a day. I though CSX and BNSF dispatchers had gone under a national contract topping out around $280 a day. If the $40/hr is true, where do I sign up!!!!??? Heck, the $280 a day on CSX is almost enough to make me want to jump ship!!!!!
 #509310  by hbgdispatcher

Lehighrrgreg wrote:HBG, Glad to hear Ive got a direct line with at least one of you guys now!! If you ever work the Tier or Lehigh....make sure you give me a good run!!
All greens from now on!! And if you believe that.........

hbg

#509318  by Lehighrrgreg

HA, just keep pressing Martinez to come up with a solution to help me avoid East Binghamton Yard. Good luck trying to learn that new NS dispatching software module.

#509439  by Peace_Maker

hbgdispatcher wrote:
That seems a bit high, works out to $320 a day. I though CSX and BNSF dispatchers had gone under a national contract topping out around $280 a day. If the $40/hr is true, where do I sign up!!!!??? Heck, the $280 a day on CSX is almost enough to make me want to jump ship!!!!!
I wouldn't be a dispatcher even if they paid me $500 a day. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't last a week as a dispatcher.

#509519  by jz441

hbgdispatcher wrote:
They might have the same benefits package, however, the hourly rate is $40/hr. You can apply on their website.
 #509546  by hbgdispatcher

Lehighrrgreg wrote:HA, just keep pressing Martinez to come up with a solution to help me avoid East Binghamton Yard. Good luck trying to learn that new NS dispatching software module.
New dispatching system AND new rules....it's going to be a long spring!!!!!!!