Railroad Forums 

• CN Hiring Question

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1486371  by MikeyP

Howdy All!

I am wondering if anyone could shed some light on my current situation. I having been applying to CN for going on 2 years now for Signals and Comms apprenticeship. I have made it passed the Physical, drug, and back ground testing and was not offered a job right away. I have been waiting now since May of this year, I now just noticed that a Signals and Comm apprenticeship has opened up on their job board again. Do I have to wait for that hiring process to be over before I would be offered a job? Will I ever be offered a job or has it been to late? My understanding is they will hold onto you for a year? I have tried looking online and I haven't really found anything about the hiring practices of CN. Any foresight or experiences with these situations and their outcome good or bad would be most welcome!

Thanks!