Railroad Forums 

• NJ Transit pre-employment test for LETP

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1469936  by deanomite26

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has recently taken New Jersey Transits pre-employment test for the LETP? I have no idea what to expect and if or what I should study. I guess what I'm wondering is if it's hard or just common knowledge, any info on this would be great,....Thanks.
 #1489287  by shizzy617

That's a great question. I' scheduled to take the exam in November, and I'm coming out-of-state. I would recommend studying whatever you can about signals, braking, and locomotive physical characteristics on YouTube.
 #1489324  by matawanaberdeen

deanomite26 wrote:Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has recently taken New Jersey Transits pre-employment test for the LETP? I have no idea what to expect and if or what I should study. I guess what I'm wondering is if it's hard or just common knowledge, any info on this would be great,....Thanks.
Pre-employment is basic stuff like math, reading/comprehension and a mechanical aptitude test.