Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak training timeline and details

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1461541  by 8th Notch

AmtrakLocomotiveEngineer wrote:Regarding establishing seniority: If you already have a Class I certification, your seniority date on the National Roster is the date that you report for your physical. Otherwise, your seniority date is THE LAST DAY OF CLASS. Many people have gotten screwed over the past year or two because Labor Relations and others have been misinformed. It's in our contract in black & white.
Boy did they screw that one up when I was hired, I know quite a few people that should be contesting seniority dates.
 #1464296  by AmtrakLocomotiveEngineer

Yup! If you are who I think you are, you should've gone ahead of your classmates in NYP. However, if people don't protest it on the first new roster, they're screwed. I had a student who claimed he had his license at CSXT. He's behind a couple of people in his class that were Amtrak or off the street. When I explained to him what the contract reads, he wanted to protest the roster when it came out this year, but probably can't since he never protested it when the 2017 roster came out. 😑