Railroad Forums 

• New Jersey Transit Assistant Conductor Test

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1419125  by FlashingAspect

I have an Android but Line works for droid too. It's better then What'sApp BC we can post notes with or without pictures (like bulletins) and there is also a chat. I'd prefer an App with chat that also functioned like a forum. Line is as close as I've seen.
 #1431653  by Jstache23

To anyone in the current class any word of more classes being filled? I have about 4 former co workers that are conductors as we speak and none can update me because they work all the time LOL. All kidding aside any update would be helpful. Again anything would be helpful. Hope all is well with everyone.
 #1435748  by lbissio734

One started 2 weeks ago , they got two classes going on at the same time , we are working already as tcs then we go back to class for rear break portion and then conductors , u should call up the hr dept and check on your status
 #1435998  by Jstache23

Thanks. I called HR and they told me that they would get back to me mid week this week. When I called they thought it was just a check up on my application. I explained to the lady that I passed my written test and had a panel interview 07/28/2016. She told me she does remember my file and ask me if I ever was called for medical/background check. Hopefully I get a result and see where I take it from there. It would be disappointing to restart the process but I'm willing to go thru it again.
 #1436996  by Jstache23

Spoke to the HR department. I was told if I wasn't called to come in then I wasn't selected to be in the class. They will look into the archive to see what happen to my file. Has this happen to anyone before? I'm asking because I never got a letter of denial or why I wasn't selected. Looks like I have to reapply again.
 #1441989  by Matps94

I just did the strength test last week in union, (8/17), still haven't heard anything from HR although I called and emailed them. Does anyone know when the next class is going to start? I was hearing rumors that it would be Sept. 6th. but nothing definite.
 #1443055  by Jstache23

I heard Oct-ish but you could be right. Good luck though. Gotta call myself for interview process (2nd time) next week. Any heads up would be appreciated.
Matps94 wrote:I just did the strength test last week in union, (8/17), still haven't heard anything from HR although I called and emailed them. Does anyone know when the next class is going to start? I was hearing rumors that it would be Sept. 6th. but nothing definite.
 #1443845  by Jstache23

Had my 2nd interview, seems like it went well. Ask me questions that had a lot to do with what I do now. Although this time I had to sign off on some papers for background and drug test. That didn't happen the 1st time. So I'm just wondering and a bit anxious. Any eta to be called for a physical? Any info would be appreciated. This forum has helped me tremendously :-D
Matps94 wrote:Good luck. I just heard back and they said there wasn't enough room in the October class, but they said I'd be in the December one.
 #1444212  by Jstache23

Lol. Thanks for the info. I will take that grain of salt also lol. But hey I get email from them and that was different, so I'll just keep positive of what's going on. Appreciate the time table. :-D
Matps94 wrote:Nice and me too haha. I took my physical about a month after my interview, but take that with a grain of salt because you know how fast the hiring dept. moves.