Railroad Forums 

• Switching trades with KCS

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1376377  by Bigrich

Sup guys, new to the forum.

Little about me, I'm from Texas- work out of kendleton as a conductor trainee. As of nov 1st I was furloughed right out of training and have been ever since. I have recently applied for a track laborer position, I have to get back to work. My question is, I know you can get bumped around pretty much anywhere and I know conductors get put on the extra board but what happens when someone bumps you on a MOW job? Do you get sent home untill a job post since theirs no spots open at your location or close to it? I know it's part of the game but I'd just like a little insight from y'all about what happens when you do get bumped on maintence side and if MOW is a little more stable as far as (furloughing) than transportation side.. Also, anyone hear if kcs is picking up in Texas area yet? Thanks guys