Should hold off accepting final offer from bnsf?

General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

Post Reply
Whitetailbucks
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:50 am

Should hold off accepting final offer from bnsf?

Post by Whitetailbucks » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:27 am

I was wondering if I should hold off on accepting final offer from bnsf for conductor trainee? I herd that bnsf is trying to go to a singal engineer in a engine... Does anyone have any type of advice?

Ragingbull
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:36 pm

Re: Should hold off accepting final offer from bnsf?

Post by Ragingbull » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:55 am

Accept the offer, get your foot in the door, pass your probationary period and you can go anywhere you want. I have a buddy who is a conductor and he's been hearing those rumors for a few years. He's about to go to engineer school. I'm a welder but I'm also a licensed electrician. When I get tired of welding I may bid into signals. There's a lot to do, just get your foot in the door.

Whitetailbucks
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:50 am

Re: Should hold off accepting final offer from bnsf?

Post by Whitetailbucks » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Thank you Ragingbull, I have accepted the final offer on September 8th and starting class on the 29th of this month.

NikB32
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:21 am

Re: Should hold off accepting final offer from bnsf?

Post by NikB32 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:35 pm

Congrats on getting accepted. I am getting ready to start week 6 of training.

The one man crew was voted down at this time. Been talking to a lot of people and mostly hear negative regarding the one man crew.

Komachi
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:26 am
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Should hold off accepting final offer from bnsf?

Post by Komachi » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:15 pm

Job talk?

Best served in the Employment Forum.

Post Reply

Return to “Employment”