Railroad Forums 

• Train signals for CSX

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1289031  by Kerb

Getting ready to go to CSX REDI end of Sept. Would like to start studying for the train signals test. Where can I find info on it? Any ideas? Whats the best way to study for it?

Thank you for your time.
 #1289229  by eslfc1

I'm not sure which signals they use in Ohio, but I'm also possibly going down to REDI at the end of September. I've seen some scans of the signals from searching on google, but I don't trust them 100% and would try to avoid it all unless you can confirm from a current conductor that they are all correct. They did mention in my hiring session to avoid studying them before you go to REDI so you don't learn the wrong information.

Good luck and hopefully I see you down there!
 #1289348  by slchub

Relax. You will be handed everything you need while in class. Don't screw yourself over by searching for information that may or may not be applicable for the territory you are hired and/or outdated material. Form a study group at the hotel each night and you'll be fine.
 #1289355  by COEN77

It's not just the signal aspect. You have to learn it's meaning word for word.
 #1291458  by Thunder

What everyone else said. Just relax and learn them for the location you need to! Dont go reading it on line and try to memorize that. It could be wrong and signals are one thing you can never be wrong on.

When I worked for the IC&E we had to be able to write it out word for word. Thats a great way to learn them. Colored pencils and write them out! Get a study group and help those who may be having an issue. Good luck!