Railroad Forums 

• Question about background checks

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1255977  by rrhopeful

Hello everybody and thanks for having me.
I have a question about the background checks.
So I was an alternate, who got the call up. I have my physical, all set to go.

I received an email from bsnf saying first advantage needed additional info.
When I clicked on the link it said "no further information needed".
So, to get to the point do they have(first advantage) access to my w2s or do I still
have to provide them? I`m a bit confused and don't what to
mess this opportunity up, due to miss communications.

Thanks in advance,
RRhopeful
 #1256292  by rrhopeful

Thank you autoblock,

I did contact the hr dept, and haven't heard back from them.
Called first advantage, and they said if they need anything else
they will contact me.
I know im probably just being a nervous nelly, but I just don't wanna mess this up.
 #1256923  by slchub

The railroad is a hurry up and wait scheme. Slower at times than the military can be (if your prior service, you'll understand).

You have complied with the requirements and now it lies in the hands of BNSF. Relax. It's the process.

Good luck
 #1258559  by rrhopeful

Hello everybody.
So an update.First advantaged did need some info after all. A couple of old w2s and proof of my old high school? So I faxed, off the w2s, a copy of my diploma to first advantage, and the HR lady I emailed
back and forth with.
I have taken my strength test( anybody reading this, just do as it says in the videos....try to destroy the machine. so you know you gave your 150%)finished my physical. As far as I know I`m
in the clear.
Now I`m going mental waiting for an answer.
Does anybody know how long you wait to hear something?

Thanks!
 #1258676  by rrhopeful

I wanted to add that,
I just got a letter with my background check telling me I didn't qualify due to lack of proof of my
education. The letter was dated 3/13. with a 5 day expiration date. Yet mailed on 3/17.
as per the postage stamp.
Meantime I have copies and dates of emailing, faxing requested information including
my diploma (which is a legal document) all on 3/11 to HR and first advantage.
I contacted the Register of diplomas at my old alma matter, she says I`m good
and gave me her contact information to forward to HR and first advantage.
So I now I`m disputing this with first advantage, who says I still haven`t lost my chance.
I hope this is true.
 #1261899  by sparky

I am in the waiting game too. Passed medical and they have contacted my current employer for background check. Thought the pace would pick up after that, but still no word. Thought about contacting HR but wouldn't even know where to find a number. Needless to say, its been a little hostile at work since they contacted them.
 #1262198  by happyrock1010

Hello all!
Im new here and my question is, will BNSF still consider me when I failed to mention a minor moving violation on my driving record from 2008?
I know, idiot. But it was an honest mistake. Nothing to lie about. I drove threw a parking lot to turn on the next street along with a handful of cars, I was in the back and was an easy target for the cop. Other then that infraction on my background, I have an honorable discharge from the Marines and have nothing on record. Will filling out application I simply thought it was 5 years of somthing more serious. Think they will toss my application?
 #1263685  by JCitron

happyrock1010 wrote:Hello all!
Im new here and my question is, will BNSF still consider me when I failed to mention a minor moving violation on my driving record from 2008?
I know, idiot. But it was an honest mistake. Nothing to lie about. I drove threw a parking lot to turn on the next street along with a handful of cars, I was in the back and was an easy target for the cop. Other then that infraction on my background, I have an honorable discharge from the Marines and have nothing on record. Will filling out application I simply thought it was 5 years of somthing more serious. Think they will toss my application?
I seriously doubt that something like this would matter. If you were pulled over for reckless driving, speeding, or a DUI, and had numerous infractions against your driving record, it may make a difference.

John