Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Springfield, MO Furlough chances

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1241647  by Justin4180

Hello all, just a few quick questions. Does anyone have any information or idea of the employee demand at the Springfield, MO terminal? I'm not on here to whine and I am not nervous at all. I know what I got into when I applied with the railroad, that is not any worry. What are the cities that you are usually furloughed to when you hire out of Springfield, MO? Is there a set list? Or is it basically anywhere in the system that has work for you? Just trying to get an idea because I have passed everything and my projected start date is March 17, 2014. They have sent me several emails notifying me that I will receive my final offer 2-3 weeks before then. What is an honest answer on the chances of being furloughed out of this terminal. Any input would be very helpful in helping me plan for my future.

Thanks a bunch!!!