Railroad Forums 

• Hiring session invite

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1211541  by d0c69

Sit tight you never know. It's hard but that's all you can do
 #1211881  by trekker

You will probably get an invite to the hiring session. If You weren't, it would say "not selected'.
 #1212086  by sharik2073

I have seen applications go from submission to hiring manager review to hiring session invite in a single week. I have also seen applications sit as submitted for months, then sit as hiring manager review for another 2-3 months before a hiring session is finally scheduled. It depends on what terminal you are applying to, and who is handling the applications, how bad they need people and such. If they are in immediate need of people it will move quickly. If they are not even sure on how many they need, you might sit at hiring manager review for a few months. You just never know how long its going to take. The railroad has it's own way of doing things at their own pace. Only thing I can tell you is sit tight, get comfy, and wait.