Railroad Forums 

• Hiring process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1211962  by charlie6017

This thread was originally placed in CSX forum, so it's CSX.

Charlie
 #1213679  by walker11

I would like to know about getting rehired with the railroad. I recently accepted a position in Evansville as a conductor. After I went thru the physical and the health test I had to withdraw from my position because of a family issue. I would like to know if I could ever be hired back with the railroad or am I wasting my time? Could somone let me know something?
 #1215425  by cockerhamsg

pitch4lwc8 wrote:On my job page it states what i have typed below. Is there any feed back on what this means or where i stand as far as the process? I had my interview about 3 weeks ago and my status went to completed one day after the interview and has remained the same since. They told us they needed someone ASAP and i have not heard anything else......

Job Status: Active (Accepting Job Submissions)
Submission Status: Completed
It means just that. The posting is still active and they are still accepting applications.
 #1243518  by Hoping123

Hey. New to the board, interviewed with CSX for freight condutor, very nervous at the 1 on 3 interview.
I am 41 yrs and very exicited about the possibility of a railroad career
Am I two old it seems the recruiter was re directing me to apply for track worker positions I'm my area. Which I did
Any pointers on how to improve my chances for further interviews or info pertaining to railroad life as a condutor or a track worker would be more than appreciated.