Railroad Forums 

• bankhead

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1206654  by welder75

Is Bankhead railway Services considered an affiliate even though they are a contractor?
 #1206791  by Freddy

As long as I can remember they've been Southern's roadway/track welders. Unlike CSX and BNSF and probably the other Cls.1s who employ thier own welders. They've got a long history with Southern but I believe them to be entirely separate, in that their family owned and make their own decisions.
 #1206850  by welder75

The reason I asked is because. While I was filling out the job posting for track worker for.csx. One of the questions was did I ever work for a Csx affiliate. I answered no because I didn't consider them as an affiliate. But I did work for them from Oct 1998 through N
Nov 2000 rebuilding insulated glue joints for both ns and csx. So I have some experience a track worker. Pulling up and driving up spikes. Knocking Anckers keeping the rope burning along the rail during the winter and hydraulic rail stretchers in the summer.
 #1206945  by rovetherr

According to this decision from the RRB, they are not a covered employer.