Railroad Forums 

• Iowa Interstate

• For discussion of the Iowa Interstate. The Iowa Interstate Railroad (reporting mark IAIS) is a Class II railroad operating in the central United States. The railroad is owned by Railroad Development Corporation of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Website: iaisrr.com
For discussion of the Iowa Interstate. The Iowa Interstate Railroad (reporting mark IAIS) is a Class II railroad operating in the central United States. The railroad is owned by Railroad Development Corporation of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Website: iaisrr.com
 #443232  by tonyjh34

Anybody Know anything about Iowa Interstate and the Employment opportunties with them? Anybody work for them?

Tony

#443391  by cifn2

http://www.iaisrr.com/about.htm

Here is their employment website.....

looks like now you can apply online
http://www.iaisrr.com/applyonline.htm

Appears that these are the locations you can apply for
Iowa City, Newton, Council Bluffs, Cedar Rapids, Rock Island, Blue Island (Chicago)

Hope that helps you out!

Also found some things from August job postings

Conductors - (2) Council Bluffs, (3) Rock Island and (2) Iowa City Hourly Position
Iowa Interstate Railroad, Ltd., has full-time Conductor positions available. Duties will include operating track switches, coupling and uncoupling cars, coordinating train assembly, and following safety rules and regulations required by the Railroad and federal government to transport freight in a safe, efficient and satisfactory manner. Schedule will include time away from home, varied hours, weekends, and/or holidays. A valid Driver’s License and High school graduate or equivalent is required. Knowledge of railroad transportation a plus.

#444257  by dvsnbell

I myself went thru the hiring process, but decided to go with a Class 1. I was impressed, but there are some internal issues between management and agreement trainmen. Guys will tell you this.

I was actually surprised when HR told me in my interview that 'moral with the trainmen is low.' They contributed this to being short staffed. It is clear that they are booming, but having a hard time keeping up with the business and the hiring to accomodate this boom.

I was told the extra board would be turning quickly so expect to work a lot and make some money. The pay is top notch for a Class II and just a little bit below Class 1 pay.

I would totally go for it if you are interested in working for a railroad that is small enough to know your name. Expect growth and some job security.