Railroad Forums 

• New England Central Railroad (NECR)

• For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
    A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
 #1413276  by csx2039

thebigham wrote:There were reports last week that the NECR had 100+ cars at the White River Jct. yard waiting to be moved north and/or south.

Have the cars been moved?

Good luck, P&W! lol

Pic from cjmdawg111.
Necr has been in a complete meltdown mode for the last few weeks, really putting a damper on vtr, cmq and cn efforts to build/maintain buisness through vt, apparently managers are quitting at necr, its bad. They still won't allow VTR and Pan Am Southern interchange at White River Junction... customers leaving NECR in droves. I would hate to see NECRs car hire bill over the last few weeks... Astronomical
 #1414013  by NHV 669

Rolled through on my way back north, cars still everywhere. "North" yard with at least three full tracks still, cars all over south of the station, and several full tracks in the "South" yard. At least I spotted a switcher parked down by the station this time around.
 #1415095  by NHV 669

drove past the WRJ yards headed north again last night, more cars tucked west of the bridges before the switches on I-91, but north yard seems a bit clearer overall. One track full of cars, as opposed to 3/4 on Christmas Eve, but I'd be overly optimistic to say things are "fixed" quite yet.
 #1415144  by Noel Weaver

I have to wonder if some of the cars in White River Junction and maybe elsewhere as well might just be empty and idle stored cars because of the lack of business to justify their use? I have my doubts that the New England Central would just idle a bunch of loaded cars in a place like White River Junction for any length of time at all.
Noel Weaver
 #1415198  by ebtmikado

I read somewhere that the KofKoff feed mill is no longer owned by KofKoff. Yesterday, we saw a new, large silo at the complex, so continued or expanded rail traffic seems likely. Which company now owns the business?
 #1415441  by NortheastRail

Noel Weaver wrote:I have to wonder if some of the cars in White River Junction and maybe elsewhere as well might just be empty and idle stored cars because of the lack of business to justify their use? I have my doubts that the New England Central would just idle a bunch of loaded cars in a place like White River Junction for any length of time at all.
Noel Weaver
Maybe about a track worth of customer cars but they do not "store" cars there.
 #1415445  by NortheastRail

thebigham wrote:There were reports last week that the NECR had 240+ cars at the White River Jct. yard waiting to be moved north and/or south.

Have the cars been moved?

Good luck, P&W! lol

Pic from cjmdawg111.
Fixed that for you
 #1415704  by MEC407

Photos by Gary Knapp:

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/601789/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/601790/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1416993  by FLRailFan1

ebtmikado wrote:I read somewhere that the KofKoff feed mill is no longer owned by KofKoff. Yesterday, we saw a new, large silo at the complex, so continued or expanded rail traffic seems likely. Which company now owns the business?
What happened to KofKoff...
 #1416995  by FLRailFan1

csx2039 wrote:I have been saying for a while that railroads are thier own worst enemies, most are too arrogant to even admit it but necr is a prime example...
I wonder if G&W is example #1 of arrogance!!
 #1418760  by MEC407

Photo by Gary Knapp:

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/604494/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;