Railroad Forums 

• Jersey Central Volume 2 DVD

• Discussion of the CNJ (aka the Jersey Central) and predecessors Elizabethtown and Somerville, and Somerville and Easton, for the period 1831 to its inclusion in ConRail in 1976. The historical society site is here: http://www.jcrhs.org/
Discussion of the CNJ (aka the Jersey Central) and predecessors Elizabethtown and Somerville, and Somerville and Easton, for the period 1831 to its inclusion in ConRail in 1976. The historical society site is here: http://www.jcrhs.org/

Moderator: CAR_FLOATER

#1397779  by CNJ Fan 4evr

The new Pechulius DVD Jersey Central Vol. 2 is now available. It covers the main from Jersey City to E'port and also touches on the Newark and Perth Amboy branches as well as a short look at the NY&LB. Much of it is Bill Burke's footage that he had on his own VHS video from 1992 or 1993. It has been cleaned up and looks great. In fact the narrator uses some of Burke's dialogue throughout the video.The narrator's name slips my mind but it is not Big Mike Bednar this time. Thank goodness Mr. Pechulius has taken on the task of producing these DVDs . They are an important part in telling the history of the northeastern railroads. Can't wait for Volume 3 and perhaps other CNJ DVDs in the future.
 #1405602  by JhnZ33

Volume 3 is days away from release. Continues the look at the CNJ in 1960s from GW tower to Easton, Pa
 #1406170  by shlustig

While CNJ was not partof my territory, weren't there diamond xgs on the High Bridge Branch over the DL&W Chester Brandch @ Ferremont Jct. & with the PRR Greenville Branch @ Oak Island??
 #1406544  by kilroy

I can confirm the diamond with the PRR at Oak Island.
 #1408603  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Just got volume 3 yesterday. Lot of Bill Burke and Tom Nemeth footage that has been used previously. There are many new shots, particularly the original station still standing in North Branch and Phillipsburg shots I have not seen. Very good and hope someday they come out with Vol. 4.
 #1408727  by GOLDEN-ARM

shlustig wrote:While CNJ was not partof my territory, weren't there diamond xgs on the High Bridge Branch over the DL&W Chester Brandch @ Ferremont Jct. & with the PRR Greenville Branch @ Oak Island??
and again at lake junction, with the dlw.