Discussion of the CNJ (aka the Jersey Central) and predecessors Elizabethtown and Somerville, and Somerville and Easton, for the period 1831 to its inclusion in ConRail in 1976. The historical society site is here: http://www.jcrhs.org/
Red Bank where the (then) two track Southern Division split off the NY&LB, the east-bound Southern track crossed the west-bound NY&LB track. Also in Red Bank there was a double diamond in Monmouth Street with the South Jersey Street Railway Company. (a trolley line)
The location of the CNJ/PRR diamond is where the CNJ crosses Diamond Road which is on the PRR RoW from the intersection of Station Road to where it turns to the northwest. The PRR RoW is obvious on a satellite view and is used by JCP&L for power lines. The station was southeast of the diamond and the curve in Station Rd did not exist, it ran straight to the station site. Station Rd from the PRR RoW is the Tuckerton Railroad RoW.GSC » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:19 pm
At one time Whiting had three diamonds.