Railroad Forums 

• Status of LNE Penn Argyl facilities?

• Discussion of the L&NR railroad for the period 1868-1961 at its inclusion in the Central of New Jersey. Also includes predecessors South Mountain and Boston Railroad, Pennsylvania, Poughkeepsie and New England Railroad, and others.
Discussion of the L&NR railroad for the period 1868-1961 at its inclusion in the Central of New Jersey. Also includes predecessors South Mountain and Boston Railroad, Pennsylvania, Poughkeepsie and New England Railroad, and others.

Moderator: David

#541956  by Lehighton_Man

Hey all.
Seeing that this is a Combined LNE/CNJ forum, i got a few questions for you LNE junkies out there.
I do understand the LNE had quite an arrangement of facilities in Penn Arygl. Whats the current status on the remaining buildings? Also, how big was the Penn Arygl yards(if there were any) shops, etc back when the LNE did run? Is there any current traffic or even rails into Penn Arygl anymore?
Thanks.
Sean
 #551623  by metman499

Last time I was up there the roundhouse and shop building were still up. The turntable is now owned by the Strasburg Rail Road and is in Strasburg. There is no active rail in Pen Argyl.