Railroad Forums 

• Hainesburg Jct

• Discussion of the L&NR railroad for the period 1868-1961 at its inclusion in the Central of New Jersey. Also includes predecessors South Mountain and Boston Railroad, Pennsylvania, Poughkeepsie and New England Railroad, and others.
Discussion of the L&NR railroad for the period 1868-1961 at its inclusion in the Central of New Jersey. Also includes predecessors South Mountain and Boston Railroad, Pennsylvania, Poughkeepsie and New England Railroad, and others.

Moderator: David

#202681  by wess

I remember in Carstens book: Susquehanna one of the John Treen photos of Hainesburg Junction was taken from atop a boxcar looking back toward the junction down the Susquehanna main. There was activity on the LNE side where it looked like a set of FA's were running around their train, and off in the distance you could see the big viaduct of the Lackawanna cutoff with an eastbound passenger train heading across. The shot appeared to have been taken in late afternoon, but it was black and white. Have wondered if there had been a color photo of that shot.
wess

#208179  by MickD

Vike,
Any idea who has title to the truss bridge?The state?Lehigh Coal&Navigation?

#208688  by NJ Vike

MickD wrote:Vike,
Any idea who has title to the truss bridge?The state?Lehigh Coal&Navigation?
Mick,

I'm not positive but I would say the state still owns the property here.

Ken

#208759  by MickD

Ken,
Thanks.Enjoyed the photos as I never got to check out remains of L&NE when I lived in NJ.

#209883  by wess

I,ve seen those photo,s. Very nice. Thank You

#232922  by NJ Vike

Thanks guys. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I had some issues with my password.

Ken

#479979  by wess

[quote="NJ Vike"]I *believe* there might be one in a L&NE book by Douglas Lily. I will check and let you know.

Was there a color photo of this shot I had mentioned earlier in this thread. Sorry I havent been back in here for a while
wess