Railroad Forums 

• LNE bobber caboose drawing?

• Discussion of the L&NR railroad for the period 1868-1961 at its inclusion in the Central of New Jersey. Also includes predecessors South Mountain and Boston Railroad, Pennsylvania, Poughkeepsie and New England Railroad, and others.
Discussion of the L&NR railroad for the period 1868-1961 at its inclusion in the Central of New Jersey. Also includes predecessors South Mountain and Boston Railroad, Pennsylvania, Poughkeepsie and New England Railroad, and others.

Moderator: David

#1083313  by RGlueck

Would anybody have a drawing of the Lehigh New England four-wheel bobber caboose? I would like to construct a pair in 1/8th scale and need some measurements and details.
Please PM me. Help is greatly appreciated.
 #1153210  by RGlueck

Current status: Caboose #1 is the L&NE style with cupola. Since these pictures were taken, all windows are installed, as well as cat walks, and two dummy couplers are in.

Caboose #2 is slightly behind. It has been difficult to work in my shop most of this winter, due to cold and aching fingers. Still, once I got the furnace running, things began to progress.
As you can see, this caboose will be finished more in the style of L&NE bobbers at the close of service. I am not happy with the way the roof fits at present, so a little carpentry is called for. Once that's completed, the cloth covering will go one and be heavily painted to waterproof the car.

Journal pedestals have been cast in iron, but only three sets are completed, so until the forth is finished, we opted to run this one in aluminum for a mock-up.

Hope you L&NE folks approve.

Dick