Railroad Forums 

• L&HR Presentation

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#818979  by Paul Miller

I have the honor of being asked to give a power point presentation on the L&HR for the Tri-State Historical Railroad Society. The presentation will take place at the Morris Museum, 6 Normandy Heights Road, Morristown, NJ 07960 on Tuesday, June 29 at approximately 8pm. The presentation will last approximately one hour, with time at the end to answer questions. The presentation is entitled "Stations, Sidings, and Structures of the L&HR in NJ" and will feature many old photos of buildings, customers, maps, track diagrams, and some rolling stock. The presentation is open to the public. I will have some copies of my book "Tracking Down the Lehigh and Hudson" at the presentation for viewing and /or purchase. I'm looking forward to meeting some of the members and presenting what has been my passion for 4 years now. Special thanks to Mike DelVecchio for arranging this.
 #819213  by Railjourner

Unfortunately I won't be able to be there I'll be in Denver but If someone from the Tri-State Historical Railroad Society were to video record and burn this presentation onto DVDs I would gladly buy one and support the Society and perhaps others would too. Just a suggestion.
 #821168  by Paul Miller

For those of you planning on buying my book at the presentation I will only be able to accept cash that night. I can certainly put a book aside if you'd like to pay by check. It usually takes a few days for checks to clear. Looking forward to Tuesday night!
 #822504  by Paul Miller

Thanks again to the Tri-State Railroad Historical Society for allowing me to present material on the L&HR.I met many nice new people there and enjoyed "talking shop" with everyone. Special thanks to Mike DelVecchio for arrangements and post show pizza!
 #822530  by rfalcone

I should have suggested that you record the presentation and put it on youtube for those of us that don't live in the area!