Railroad Forums 

• L&HR Pictures

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#180  by David

Mike--Now that we have a new forum--Keep up your reports and pictures. Give us that web page and password to see those pictures you have taken recently. Thanks
 #9629  by mikedc3

Hi guys,
I don't have any new LnHR pics but I just added almost 50 pictures (2 pages) with captions of a 4 wheeling trip on the Cut Off from about 1993. They are in the "Lackawanna Cut Off II" album.

Enjoy,
MDC.

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/MIKEdc3/

Password is pics

David wrote:Mike--Now that we have a new forum--Keep up your reports and pictures. Give us that web page and password to see those pictures you have taken recently. Thanks

#39805  by wess

Was wondering if anyone has been out to the Campbell Hall/ Maybrook area in this beautiful summer weather. I would be very interested in seeing whats left. Unfortunately I,m on the West Coast, so that kinda kinks things a bit

#41479  by NJ Vike

wess wrote:Was wondering if anyone has been out to the Campbell Hall/ Maybrook area in this beautiful summer weather. I would be very interested in seeing whats left. Unfortunately I,m on the West Coast, so that kinda kinks things a bit
I'm going there this summer and taking some pictures. I will post them this fall.

Ken

#53990  by NJ Vike

wess wrote:Was wondering if anyone has been out to the Campbell Hall/ Maybrook area in this beautiful summer weather. I would be very interested in seeing whats left. Unfortunately I,m on the West Coast, so that kinda kinks things a bit
Wess,

I made it to Campbell Hall and there's plenty to see. I have seen many NS, Conrail and one BNSF unit there.

Maybrook is next.

Ken

#54281  by wess

Thanx
I,ll be looking forward to seeing them. Now if I can just get over east myself. Not too much in Tacoma right now
 #85009  by gawlikfj

Hi Wess:
I've been to Maybrook Yard a few times and there's not alot left. One track goes thru the yard north to Berea for one customer.
The shell of the icehouse is there and the Office building and water tank base are there along with Yellow Freight trucking company taking up one quarter of the yard.
Sorry I don't have pictures.
When you see how it was and how it is now,it is very disheartening.

Frank

#85115  by wess

Ouch.
Thanx for the update. I guess its good I hadnt seen it
wess

#202676  by wess

Well guys.
Since this will be the first post in this thread for the new year, I'll go ahead and say something.
Even though I live in Kansas now I'm a bit closer to New York than I was a year ago, and since my job has finally ended for the season, you think it might be a good idea to head east? And do a little snooping? This would be a good oppurtunity to mix two projects in one trip. I havent made up my mind yet as to when to go. But by the end of this week if the feelers I have out havent turned up anything, it might be in order to go
wess

#442087  by David

Well---It is time again to ask this question and see if there are any new pictures. Who has an update on the Allamuchy Freight Station. This structure was in the process of being reconstructed the last I heard about a year ago. Someone was good enough at that time to supply us with pictures. The building was close to being completed. Anyone? Thanks in advance.