Railroad Forums 

• Detailed L&HR arranged freight schedule?

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#347731  by JJMDiMunno

Hey guys,
I'm looking for a detailed freight schedule for operations on the L&HR around the 60's? I see here that jmchitvt (Joseph) had posted previously a schedule from memory...but does anyone have one using a nice spreadsheet-like format, with detail as to approx. arrival times or meets with other trains?

I'm working on some activities for use with the Lehigh and Hudson River route which runs on Microsoft Train Simulator...and would like to make them as realistic as possible.

If possible, could we include set-outs (if any), and local industries that any local might switch? Also, consists if anyone remembers of these trains...I'd like to know what kinds of consists these movements regularly had.

Thanks in advance guys!

Mike DiMunno

#348059  by Railjourner

Hi Mike, I'm glad to hear you're working on some realistic activities for the L&HR. I'm hoping you're planning to upload them eventually to the file library. If you don't have the Morning Sun book yet on the L&H I highly recommend it. BTW I read you where havin some trouble installin the route and stock. I hope everythings up and runnin ok. cya

#348230  by Marty Feldner

As mentioned, the Boyd/Antz Morning Sun book gives a good overview of the operations over the history of the road, but nothing (that I'm aware of) is available as a single source with the detail you're looking for.

That said, you might want to take a look at the Anthracite Roads Historical Society's pulication, 'Flags, Statues, and Diamonds', Volume 18 Number 1- available at the Society's website:

http://arhs.railfan.net/index.html

The issue contains an article on L&HR traffic in 1959 that should help. (Traffic would decline some after the Erie-Lackawanna merger, with the loss of the Port Morris runthroughs to Maybrook).

#348251  by JJMDiMunno

Railjourner wrote:Hi Mike, I'm glad to hear you're working on some realistic activities for the L&HR. I'm hoping you're planning to upload them eventually to the file library. If you don't have the Morning Sun book yet on the L&H I highly recommend it. BTW I read you where havin some trouble installin the route and stock. I hope everythings up and runnin ok. cya
Yup, everything is up and running good now...some strange stuff needs to be tweaked to get that route up and running, at least in my case. But in any case, yeah I'll check out the Morning Sun book...been meaning to get that anyhow...

Thanks guys!

Mike DiMunno

#349573  by JJMDiMunno

Marty Feldner wrote: The issue contains an article on L&HR traffic in 1959 that should help. (Traffic would decline some after the Erie-Lackawanna merger, with the loss of the Port Morris runthroughs to Maybrook).
So what you're saying, Marty, is that the trains listed in the thread on this forum entitled "L&H 1950-1960 Schedule", listed under Port Morris to Maybrook and Maybrook to Port Morris, those trains no longer ran after the EL merger?

So after the merger, it would have been:

EASTWARD:
HO-6
AO-4
EO-2

WESTWARD:
OA-1
OA-3

That's it after the EL merger? In this case, which of these trains would stop at Andover to make drops for EL?

How about locals? Anyone know what the local symbols would have been for the L&HR, and about what time they departed their various yards, and arrived at their various turning points? What road trains made the drops for these various locals, and at what yard locations?

A status report for t hose concerned about the completion of these activities...after a slight delay, I resolved an issue with the passing sidings and signals on the route, and have completed the L&HR's HO-6 train activity (I believe, awaiting a small amount of additional information). I plan to release a complete package of activities for this route in the near future, upon completion of all, on Train-Sim.com.

Mike DiMunno

#350798  by Railjourner

"I plan to release a complete package of activities for this route in the near future, upon completion of all, on Train-Sim.com."

Thats great mike can't wait! Sounds like your taking the time to research and do these right, much appreciated. BTW if you don't have that FD&S article Marty mentioned I could try to scan it zip it and e-mail it to you.

#350818  by JJMDiMunno

Railjourner wrote:"I plan to release a complete package of activities for this route in the near future, upon completion of all, on Train-Sim.com."

Thats great mike can't wait! Sounds like your taking the time to research and do these right, much appreciated. BTW if you don't have that FD&S article Marty mentioned I could try to scan it zip it and e-mail it to you.
That'd be great...check my profile on here for my email...

Much appreciated! My interest in this railroad grows every day...and it all started with our moderator here...

Mike DiMunno

#356945  by L&HR C&S

Mike,
I am not too knowlagable of the L&HR operations, but I have worked the north half of the line for many years. If you have any ROW / signal items I may be able to help. Unless I lost them to a flood I was in last year, I may still have a copy of the ROW / Val maps for Sparta to Warwick.
Bill