Railroad Forums 

• STATION PICTURES

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#258605  by purplezep

Hello again everyone. I'm trying to find pictures of old stations on the L&HR that no longer exist for my book. I'm having some difficulty tracking down Townsbury, Pequest, Mulford, Bridgeville?, Long Bridge. I've spoken with many historians from those towns who can't seem to track anything down. Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I'm most likely headed to museums in Pa and National Archives in Maryland next week to further my search, hopefully from valuation records/drawings. If anyone knows someone who has pictures I'd love to publish them with full credit to the owners. In the meantime, I'm working on getting up a website to show some of the pictures I've captured of what's left on the ROW.If you haven't hiked it yet, you're really missing out on some history. Thanks again to Marty Feldner with whom I had the pleasure of spending a few hours touring the NY portion of the L&HR. His knowledge of the line is extraordinary.

#258707  by rfalcone

I have had the pleasure of meeting Marty and spending a couple of hours with him. He is the oracle when it comes to the L&H.

Tell us about your book!! My credit card is standing by.

#259322  by NJ Vike

Sorry I couldn't be of assistance but my friend, who is also a rabid L&HR fan, says that he did find plenty at the Pennsylvania RR Museum. Just call ahead and they can start the search for you.

Ken