Railroad Forums 

• Hudson yard in Phillipsburg, NJ

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#1078771  by walterconklin

Hello,

I am working with a friend on building for the Microsoft Train Simulator platform a virtual representation of the L&HR Hudson yard that use to exist in Phillipsburg, NJ. My friend and I are looking for maps that show what the track layout of the yard was like anytime from the late 1920s to the early 1950s. Does anyone have maps, images, and other information about Hudson yard during that period? If you have visual aids pertaining to the track layout of the yard later on, that information would be helpful too.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Walter
 #1080461  by walterconklin

Thank you Kilroy for the reference to Historicalaerials.com That site sure is a treasure strove of historical information.

Does anyone know if the DL&W passenger trains ran on the trackage that went by the LV station in South Easton?
 #1081085  by Bethlehem Jct.

walterconklin wrote:Thank you Kilroy for the reference to Historicalaerials.com That site sure is a treasure strove of historical information.

Does anyone know if the DL&W passenger trains ran on the trackage that went by the LV station in South Easton?
I don't know if DL&W trains ever passed the LV Easton station traveling in revenue service from Phillipsburg, but Lackawanna trains did use the LV station briefly in the early 20th century. For a short time, the DL&W operated the LV's Easton & Northern branch. I haven't been able to find much information explaining why this was the case. However, at that time, the E&N was still a separate company that had yet to be fully acquired by the LV. The Jan. 1902 official guide shows the Lackawanna operating 2 daily round trips from the LV's Easton station to Nazareth. From Belfast Jct. to Nazareth, the trains used the DL&W's Bangor and Portland Railway tracks.

Bangor & Portland Railway Co., Jan. 1902 Official Guide
 #1081548  by David

walterconklin wrote:Hello,

I am working with a friend on building for the Microsoft Train Simulator platform a virtual representation of the L&HR Hudson yard that use to exist in Phillipsburg, NJ. My friend and I are looking for maps that show what the track layout of the yard was like anytime from the late 1920s to the early 1950s. Does anyone have maps, images, and other information about Hudson yard during that period? If you have visual aids pertaining to the track layout of the yard later on, that information would be helpful too.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Walter
Will there be a new Microsoft Train Simulator L&HR coming out soon? I have the original one. It stops just past G Tower. Also will it be able to be played on a MAC?--Thanks
 #1081704  by walterconklin

Hello,

Yes, I am a member of a group working on an extension of Richard Shirey's 1940s L&HR. Rails are now in place on the L&HR from Maybrook to Easton, PA. In addition, the L&NE is place from the Lehigh Gorge area to Maybrook yard via the Erie. The LV and CNJ are in place from the Phillipsburg-Easton area to a tad past Mauch Chunk.

In answer to the other question you raise, you can play MSTS on a Mac if you are running Windows Virtual Machine.