Railroad Forums 

• L&HR freight stops between Warwick and Ogdensburg

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#1532672  by Teoracet

Hello everyone my name is Chris. I have interests in Railroads for ever. I grew up in Ogdensburg and helped open the Sterling Hill Mining Museum and also a founding member. My dream for years is to build a large layout. I just built a new home and have a room devoted to my new layout. But i have questions on some of the freight stops between Warwick and Ogdensburg. i would like the era to be around the time the C 420 was used. Was looking for something like Plastoids in hamburg. or like Barneys in Franklin. any help would be appreciated . The layout is ready to start just looking for some opinions on my layout. If anyone would like to be involved with the build it will be located in Montague NJ. Please advise Thank You
Attachments:
lhr.gif
lhr.gif (92.03 KiB) Viewed 3226 times
 #1634580  by sjwheaton1127

Hi Chris,

How is your layout coming along? I have just retired and I'm planning my own model of the L&HR. I'm also setting it in the early 60's because I have always had a soft spot for RS-3's and I need the Centuries just for a little motive power variety! I'm also planning on delaying the demise of the Palmer Mill at Franklin junction just to have some interesting switching -- that plant had at least a couple of dozen spots for cars by itself. It will also mean I need to come up with a plausible set of diesel switchers since the Mine Hill branch could only be switched by the L&HR's 0-6-0 camelbacks (I should have learned what happens when you mess with the timelines from watching all that sci-fi!)

Anyway, early days for me still. I have been out of model railroading since I was 17 -- so basically since the end of the L&HR. I have a lot to catch up on. Right now I am setting up a test layout (T-Trak modules) to play with DCC, LCC, signaling, and some scenery. I would be happy to chat and share information!

Regards,
Steve