Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Valley branch to Niagara Falls

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#1021210  by TB Diamond

Depends on what era you are thinking of.

Towards the end of the LVRR there were two trains/day, one east (COJ-32) and one west (NE-1).

On Tues-Thurs-Sat there was also the Tift Terminal-Suspension Bridge local, commonly referred to as the "Crosstown Pickup" (TTN-2 & NTT-1) which was a turnaround job.
 #1021466  by SimTrains

I just watched a great series of DVD's. Lehigh Valley's Buffalo Division By Bill McLane has some incredible footage of the Lehigh all around PA and NY. Volume 3 takes you around Buffalo from tift street to Niagara Jct and up to suspension bridge. Definitely worth checking out!
 #1022452  by lvrr325

Does Vol. 3 show Niagara Jct. and the various underpasses, under the PC main, under Walden Ave. ? Was just out there the other day and realized I'd been crossing the LV row several times without knowing it.
 #1022512  by charlie6017

Yeah, it can be easy to miss if you don't know that the ROW is there.

Walden Ave must have been somewhat higher before it was filled in and re-done?

Charlie
 #1022807  by GRSJr

This is how the LV took me to war in WWII. WE went across into Canada and then west eventually arriving at Great Lakes Naval Training Station for Boot camp.

Ray